RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Fixed Wing (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Vancouver fixed wing dilettante \ destroyer of foam seeks help.. (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=115540)

RedIron 12-17-2010 09:14 PM

Vancouver fixed wing dilettante \ destroyer of foam seeks help..

Hi all,

I was wondering, let's rephrase that, begging for help from someone experienced with flying to come out with me in Vancouver some day and give me some pointers, show me what a T-28 looks like when it is in one piece and in the air.

Only thing I can offer back to this wonderful individual would be I would happily buy lunch and any number of beers, etc. after the flying lesson.

I'd even offer to pay for that help, but I'm learning most R/C people are so kind with the love of their chosen hobby that many if not most would be insulted. So I offer beers and lunch.....

Cheers,
Rod

williame3590 12-17-2010 09:57 PM

Re: Vancouver fixed wing dilettante \ destroyer of foam seeks help..

How about paying for my flight?? I'll buy the beers:)

Bill

RedIron 12-17-2010 10:29 PM

Bill,

If you weren't so far away I'd take you up on your offer. Though we would need to drink quite a few beers after. Thats usually okay with me ;)

I should mention in addition to my last post that I can travel as far as Chilliwack to hook up with someone that is into spending a little time with a newbie...

Cheers,
Rod

Guest 12-17-2010 11:46 PM

hello rod
would be happy to help you out.
send me a pm with your # and we can do dutch on the beers.

Pauld 12-18-2010 10:11 AM

Rod,

www.wcrcaf.com
www.rcfcbc.com

First one is in Coquitlam. Second is near Mission. Both have open membership and will train new pilots.

I wasz hoping I could get some flights in today but it's too windy/cold :(

Cheers,

PaulD

Guest 12-18-2010 12:34 PM

there is the hood up flyer's in burnaby as well.
http://www.hoods-up.com/

imported_paintball_kidz 12-18-2010 07:01 PM

Join hoods-up flyers, Il gladly help you setup and fly your plane if you dont mind being taught by a 17 year old.

RedIron 12-18-2010 09:23 PM

Amazing response from so many people. What can I say but thanks. I've joined MAAC and going to join a couple clubs. A few people sent private messages offering help, honestly I'm fairly speechless and that doesn'y happen often. I hope to be able to meet everyone that messaged me and try flying with them. I think this is what I'm loving about this hobby besides the flying is the hanging out with people that aren't afraid to have a hell of alot of fun.

I feel like I'm 15 years old when I'm in an RC shop - thats a great thing ;)

I've been looking for something like this for years. Something thats demanding as far as skill goes, social, and very fun. Wish I would have discovered it years ago.

Only things as far as skills I have to offer back is I'm a 1Dan go player, 30 years. Until I got sick a few years ago (better now) I was becoming fairly well known as a local potter. So yup I can teach pottery and or GO.

Neither are probably very interesting to someone used to flying RC jets 1t 130MPH. Or doing Tick Tocks 3" from the ground.

Like I said to the young man that replied. Uncomfortable being taught by 17 year old. If at my age if your too proud to be taught by anyone (young or crusty) then you obviously haven't tried enough things in your life.

Bring it on man...

Anyways you all are really amazing and thanks... looking forward to meeting lots of new cool people - young and old.

Apparently I'm pretty fortunate - My wife is hooked as well. When I'm lookin at something she just says, "Buy the damn thing" Of course I readily comply with these orders without hesitation.

Cheers,
Rod