RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Car & Truck discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Q About EZ Start... (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=149023)

FearFerretRC 11-23-2004 06:10 AM

Q About EZ Start...

heres the deal, got the truck and the first time i turned her over with the ez start all was well.

tried later and it wouldnt fire. Changed glow plugs checked the carb and on and on and on, wouldnt go no where

I plugged my glow plug into the plug line fromt he ez start, grouned the glow plug, hit the button, nothing.

I used and a tester and the line fromt he pin at the back to where you plug the glow plug in is fine, there is no interruption, any suggestions?

I am using a glow plug ignitor AND the ez start at the same time, its kind of annoying.

Guest 11-23-2004 07:15 AM

traxxas EZ start?

and second question.

Is it turning over...and what engine is it?

John Bakker 11-23-2004 07:39 AM

When using the easystart,both lights on the starting thingy sould be on .If not just wiggle the thingy abit until you get two lights.Sometimes the connecters get a little dirt in them
You may need a new wiring harness

FearFerretRC 11-23-2004 07:43 AM

Yep... Traxxus EZ Start with a TRX .15 motor.

Same stock motor that the Stampede came with when it was bought.

Its a really strong motor, i have (it seems anyways) really good compression.

Could it be the EZ start module itself on? you know the part with the button that gets plugged in. But like I said, when I first go the truck it fired right up with the EZ start.

While I am at it, can someone suggest a good failsafe? I knocked off the exhaust and put it back on, but it vibrated loose. The pede went nuts, I had to chase it for about 700 yards :oops: . I know it was the exhaust cuz i took it home, fixed up the exhaust has almost no vibration and all was fine.

John Bakker 11-23-2004 07:46 AM

Venom or the ofna fail safes are good

FearFerretRC 11-23-2004 07:57 AM

Thanks chewy, I will get on one before the weekend hopefully.

And just to clarify, the motor does turn over with the EZ start. No problems there at all, its just the glow plug doesnt ignite.

If it gets to be too much of a hassle I think that I might do everything under the sun to toast the motor and buy a new one with a pull start :twisted:

Guest 11-23-2004 08:04 AM

I never had any luck with the ez start. If you plug is good and the engine is turning over it may be something with the engine.

FP Mech 11-23-2004 02:48 PM

I always had problems with the wiring on the truck for the glow plug(the part thats attached to the truck). Make surre the ground is good. I have also seen the older style ez starts that sit on the battery, the internal curcuit board kindof fries itself after a while. If you can get ahold of the newwer stye handheld unit I found it was much better.

Guest 11-23-2004 03:18 PM

I've never had any problems with the easy starts. But from fozy's experience they are not meant to be engaged for long periods.
They are cheap little motors so they are easy to replace

I've had to replace the ceramic resistor in my control box twice though and I've had to resolder the power leads inside the box a couple times..due to breaks.

If you can narrow it down to a specific problem..
try connecting the battery directly to the leads for a second to see if
it works...then you'll know its a fault in the wiring/power between the battery and connector to the engine.

(I've also had the leads that connect to the motor come loose and need tightening...

Despite all I still have the EZ Start on my .15 engines.

I like the ofna micro fail safe...I had no luck with the venom

FearFerretRC 11-23-2004 04:33 PM

k thats two for ofna... thanks for the advise on the ez start.

I am going ot have to do some tinkering tomorrow night, its just a pain in the arse to have to bend over all the time.

I really do like the system. But if its something thats going to be buggy then I'd rather do away with it. How easy is it to convert over to a pull start system?