RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Jet Aircraft (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Maiden flight on my hot spot today. WOW factor of 10! (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=36047)

KAPTAN KAOS 08-31-2003 07:13 PM

Maiden flight on my hot spot today. WOW factor of 10!

Well, the hotspot had its maiden flight today(thank you Marc). It went extremeley well. The wind was straight down the runway.

I had two flights after the maiden flight. All I can say is WOW! I have watched turbines for years and have finally had my first turbine flight. Mind you, my landings a tad long and straight down the runway. Its a good day when everything is in one piece. What an incredible feeling. The spot sure does move with the Simjet 2300 on it.

I am in turbine LA LA land after today!

nony 08-31-2003 08:19 PM

Congratulations, and welcome from a still dazed turbine yearling :D

Marc sure gets around doesn't he?? He just flew a Hotspot for the first time last weekend at Whidbey Island...........

Gary Maker 08-31-2003 08:47 PM

Hey Gary, you finally made the plunge....good for you!

747drvr 08-31-2003 09:03 PM

Congrats again Gary ! I tell ya, this boy was happy that his Hotspot flew perfectly and he was able to log his first solo turbine flight ! I must say he has good eyesight :lol:

747drvr 08-31-2003 09:04 PM

Engine running . No turning back now !!

747drvr 08-31-2003 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nony
Congratulations, and welcome from a still dazed turbine yearling :D

Marc sure gets around doesn't he?? He just flew a Hotspot for the first time last weekend at Whidbey Island...........

Hi Wayne,

I had a great time at Whidbey ! Dean let me fly the Bobcat. I had never flown a Hotspot until today. 27 lbs at t/o and 25 lbs thrust = fast , solid plane !

Marc

KAPTAN KAOS 08-31-2003 09:21 PM

Thank you

Thank you guys for the pat on the back. It was a super day. I think it is still being absorbed that I flew the turbine today. What a thrill!

Nice pictures Marc.

RC_MAN 08-31-2003 09:26 PM

Hi

Glad to see that the first flight was OK. Congratulations and enjoy this great jet.

Peter

Kelly W 08-31-2003 11:26 PM

Way to go Gary!!! :donut:

Funny, I was just going to PM you and see if you'd taken the plunge yet... Ain't it a great high to come down from that first time? Sorry I forgot to send you my elevon throws, just remembered when I saw this thread. :roll: I'd like to compare notes with you before I fly mine again. Soundly like a mini-Princeton is in the works although I still don't have the motor back for it...

I can't think of any better a choice for spotters. Hey Marc, any progress on the Stingray?

Kelly

747drvr 09-01-2003 07:26 AM

Kelly,

The Stingray has made it from the back of the shop to the main table but I've been too busy since Whidbey working or flying. I'll officially restart it today before I go to Sao Paulo. Any more flights on yours?

Marc