RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Why won't Americans buy from Canadians? (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=381786)

william storzuk 10-24-2015 11:18 AM

Why won't Americans buy from Canadians?

This is not the first time, i placed an ad on FG. I had two replies from the US showing interest in my 29x10s mejzlik prop and, as soon as, they notice my location is from CANADA they decline the transaction. What's up with that... I get the impression that they don't trust anyone but there own kind, seriously, i'am a nice guy. Oh! that's life i guess.

JoeT 10-24-2015 11:37 AM

Re: Please someone explain to me WHY...

I think that's pretty funny, the website name is "RCCanada" which means the majority of people selling things on here is most likely Canadian. Some people are just silly.. hahahha

Mr-Mustang 10-24-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeT (Post 2598274)
I think that's pretty funny, the website name is "RCCanada" which means the majority of people selling things on here is most likely Canadian. Some people are just silly.. hahahha

If you look at what he said he placed a add on (FG) not here on (RCC).

williame3590 10-24-2015 12:07 PM

If I was an American I wouldn't buy anything from the Great White North either.
All our stuff is kept in igloos @ -100 degrees so what good is it??

Bill

william storzuk 10-24-2015 12:13 PM

I know it sounds silly, i always place my ad first on RCCANADA , but if no one is interest from Canada i will try my luck on FG. I just wanted to know, if someone else has experienced the same thing. That's all....

HAL9KPCM 10-24-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by williame3590 (Post 2598314)

Bill

Don't forget that your pet polar bear was probably chewing on the item too.

william storzuk 10-24-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by williame3590 (Post 2598314)

Bill

Yea! Bill i hear you, but if you had a good deal WHY not? Specially, with the currency exchange

williame3590 10-24-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by william storzuk (Post 2598346)
I know it sounds silly, i always place my ad first on RCCANADA , but if no one is interest from Canada i will try my luck on FG. I just wanted to know, if someone else has experienced the same thing. That's all....

Who knows William, I have many good friends in the US that actually call me to see if I'm interested in an item before they list it down there.

I don't think your issue is unique to FG.

Bill

william storzuk 10-24-2015 12:43 PM

I have friends in Vermont, i met during IMAC competitions, a great bunch of guys. Your right Bill who knows! I will just leave at that.
Thanks!

Cougar429 10-24-2015 04:15 PM

Maybe they know the job Can Post can charge for international shipping, (or even within Canada, for that matter) compared to their counterparts in the USPS.