RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   FS - Engines (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Open note to Gmackay (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=95954)

Lash 11-02-2009 07:58 PM

Open note to Gmackay

Grant, I can see why you have pulled your engine. When all of the people that reply with "I can buy it cheaper somewhere else" - hell, if you wait long enough somebody would probably give you one - spend their time ON YOUR THREAD badmouthing your price, then I would too. Its not right and shouldn't be allowed. If they don't like the price, then move on. I notice that none of them have feedback of any kind. I don't think you have acquired the feedback you have by screwing people on price. My 2 cents.

chuebner 11-02-2009 08:55 PM

Re: Open note to Gmackay

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 (Post 651541)
Grant, I can see why you have pulled your engine. When all of the people that reply with "I can buy it cheaper somewhere else" - hell, if you wait long enough somebody would probably give you one - spend their time ON YOUR THREAD badmouthing your price, then I would too. Its not right and shouldn't be allowed. If they don't like the price, then move on. I notice that none of them have feedback of any kind. I don't think you have acquired the feedback you have by screwing people on price. My 2 cents.

I agree.... the sale thread bashing and lowballing always seems to be done by a relatively new member or one with minimal posts to their credit and zippo for feedback! I am not sure wether they are just trying to contribute, or stir the pot. Maybe some are just old banned members reincarnated by switching user names! Whichever it is, it is really getting old in a hurry.

Cheers
Curt

Oilsands 11-02-2009 08:58 PM

Posts like that should be avoided, they do no person any good. If you think the sellers price is out of touch, then pm them a friendly note and give them the reason why you think it is so (don't just say something like "good luck at that price") etc.

ByronF 11-02-2009 09:35 PM

Have to agree with Curt and Yakityyak. Too much of this nonsense from newbies on a budget. Guess thats what happens when you save yourself out of a job by buying Chinese clones.
Grant, take heart my friend because as the saying goes "what goes around comes around" and one day these folks will want to sell on this board. Will be very interesting to see the commentary in their sale ads.
Byron

darrenR 11-02-2009 09:50 PM

I agree I usually only contact the seller by pm with my offer and let them take it from there or think about it but I am usually not trying to lowball the sale just trying to save a dollar or two,I have even bought stuff at full price cause it was a fair price after doing my homework

g-manz35 11-02-2009 09:59 PM

Low ball offers don't really bug me, but the "You can buy it at So and SO's for cheaper really pi$$es me off". Here's another. And the guy doesn't have the cortesy to remove his poat after I let him know what I thought of it.

https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=94788

I really don't like posting anything for sale anymore. And Ebay is worse.

George

ronljroy 11-03-2009 07:03 AM

It doesn't matter what the asking price might be, there is usually one or two that believe they can get it for nothing, or next to nothing....(bragging rights, you know!). Their reply is simply : "I had nothing to lose by asking"....except perhaps a bit of respect

Lash 11-03-2009 08:31 AM

But these guys aren't even asking. They are not here to buy but to stick their nose in some ones sale. They've decided that they are the judge of pricing for the forum it seems. This may not have been the steal of the century, but it was a fair price for an engine and was being sold in an honest manner by a reputable forum member- which is more than you can say for these first time posters with no money and no couth.

reo 11-03-2009 09:05 AM

What I have found as a rule is that the guy that hijacks the thread to advise us all that the price is too high for a particular product has absolutely no interest in buying the product anyway, quite frankly, they're just being rude and obnoxious.

Bottom line is, if the price is too high the buyer will find out soon enough that there is no interest. Even if the item is priced very nicely (say NIB at 30% off) there may still be no interest at that time...you just never know how it will go. At that point the choice is to made to sacrifice the item or hang onto it and try again at a later date.

That said, the ads section could certainly do without the self proclaimed 'internet price police' in my opinion but it is an open forum so I guess anything goes....Ron

John Smith 11-03-2009 09:11 AM

New or not is totally immaterial, my response to the many of scam artist’s supporters on the RCCanada forms is:

When its obvious that a member is asking an excessive price on a public form, I as a form member have the right and I believe a duty to point this out. I am tired of seeing the same old names time after time posting product for sale whose asking price exceeds the street price and I do not refer to MSRP, which is an industry policing pricing structure.

These individuals pretend to be a hobbyist but in reality is a bogus covert sideline business operating out basements. This activity is against the basic premise of using the RCCanada forms and would like to remind you of the RCCanda number one rule and I quote “Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.”

Water tends to find it’s own level in a free market system its also called capitalism. Lets not confuse capitalism with blatant profiteering, which is not illegal but morally unethical and should be exposed whenever one comes across it. The views of the support faction of sham business artists supports the dark side of the forms, that would suppress free speech and the free market; “All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing.”