RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Jet Aircraft (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   The Boomerang Sprint Club (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=456633)

kpark 10-02-2016 05:52 PM

The Boomerang Sprint Club

6 Attachment(s)
Howdy Guys

Well its October and there are not to many jet flying days left in the 2016 season up here in Ottawa. The last big jet rally is over and its now time to get back into the basement and start working on the models.

I think you can say 2016 was an amazing year that saw a lot of new guys jumping into jets
as rookies in the Ottawa Valley. What we can all agree on is the jet that performed the best up here on the grass fields was the Boomerang Sprint. In fact there was bit of a scramble for the model when ever it
popped up on RC Canada for sale.

I was lucky to snap one up have it delivered to my Dad in Hamilton and then I picked it up
a week later and took it down too Chatham Thunderthrust last weekend. Simply charged it up and put in my radio and flew the model. What a thrill for a guy going from EDF.

This week I did a complete rip/snort/clean-up of the basement to make room for the Sprint. In fact today put in new lighting fixtures to give me the light needed to work on the model. The model is going to get a complete make over.

Looking around this summer at Wingham and Thunderthrust and it was obvious everyone either got one - sold one - wish they hadn't sold it! or are in the process of getting a new one. Its great to see locally Peter of www.altecarerc.com carries everything you need to fly this amazing model.

Recently retired and now on a fixed income I will be looking for both used and new parts
to finish this project this winter

Today was Step#1 Getting the model into the basement on the work table. Check Done

So guys if your a Sprint man then please join the club here on RC Canada

stegl 10-02-2016 07:10 PM

Re: The Boomerang Sprint Club

Hey Ken , that work table will never do , man, you need more room..... From another Sprint driver !

Forgot to ask , what turbine are you using ?

kpark 10-03-2016 09:34 AM

Hey the table will have to do for now! but the motor is a Jetmunt VT80 with 4 hours
of runtime on it. No propane for start and can also run on Diesel - Took all of 10min to
get my Futaba radio synced up with the turbine very easy to use

stegl 10-03-2016 12:23 PM

If your radio has telemetry I would seriously look at the Xicoy telemetry module and then you can store you GSU in your flight box and use important read outs on your transmitter for startup. That's what I have (Vt80BL) on mine and works first class. I use temp , rpm, pump voltage and fuel remaining, at the moment.

Propane start is much faster and no flaming hot starts also any glow plug changes can be done at the field
For a fraction of the price. Use it on my Wren 44 turbo. So have tried both and propane not scary as I first thought !,,,,

Angus 10-03-2016 08:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I was ...😩radio failure ...never by a receiver on eBay, later found out reconditioned...i think, lost aileron control everything was brand new. All servos still perfect. A little puzzled but everything points to the receiver. 2nd flight

stegl 10-03-2016 08:50 PM

That wasn't today was it.......Ouch , ouch !

reo 10-03-2016 08:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lost mine this summer after 5 seasons to onboard radio failure?? (flyaway):(

Not the prettiest jet on the flightline but it was a keeper for short fields, etc! I have a NIB set of wings and wing tube if anyone requires the same.

Angus 10-03-2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stegl (Post 3030753)
That wasn't today was it.......Ouch , ouch !

about 5 weeks ago, this was my 6th sprint, buy sell buy sell :thinking:, the part I don't want to admit is I lost a sprint 2 years ago, it was an older one with lots of flights but I decided to put a new receiver and engine in it, lost it on the second flight only thing the same between the two jets ...the receiver:hammerhead:

its in the garbage now.

Am

Angus 10-03-2016 09:04 PM

I will probably get another one (lucky 7) ..wait till a black Friday sale hopefully. the VT80 on the last crash had 12mins on it, broke off the starter pod other than that not a scratch on it. Dreamworks is fixing it up right now.

Am

stegl 10-04-2016 12:30 AM

Time to change radios , guys .....LOL.This fall at Princeton I had Dean W. Fly mine for retriming and as co-pilot , I watched the Jeti signal strength on the monitor change numbers from each transmitter to each receiver antenna as the aircraft changed direction. It used telemetry
To Tell me which was giving me a better signal. Could have that converted to voice if I had wanted. Or needed. Radio uses dual transmitters......one to each antenna.