RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Car & Truck discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Hello Canadian rc bikers! (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=179285)

vaz2107 10-05-2009 11:15 AM

Hello Canadian rc bikers!

Where is everyone located?

To get started it would be a good idea if those amongst us interested in rc bikes could post where they're located and what bikes they're running. With this information it would be possible to organize get togethers in various locations around the country. I'll go first:

- Location is Toronto
- Have lots of bikes, but mainly interested in running my 1/5 Nuova Faor nitro daily driver

regards, vaz2107 (kevin@rcbike.com)

JordanAK 10-05-2009 05:05 PM

Hey Vaz, I have the ThunderTiger nitro bike but not many guys are into bikes around here from what I know.
A couple of us tried getting some racing going in Hamilton but it didn`t pan out.
Like I say, "I think we are on the wrong side of the pond."

vaz2107 10-05-2009 05:37 PM

Hi Jordan: Thanks for posting. There are quite a few guys in the US that are into rc bikes ....... there must be a some in Canada .... right?

Kevin

JordanAK 10-05-2009 05:56 PM

Well I here there was a large group of guys somewhere around Toronto but that was couple years ago.
I think they had a race day at Goodwood or something. We tried at the Hamilton track but that is now gone.

I was thinking of making another rc bike, Freddie Spencers World Champion 1983 Honda NS500 in 1/4 scale but instead I going to make a nitro quad racer, something I can run at my local off-road track. On-road seems so dead and that makes the idea of "bikes" all the more difficult I think.:DOWN:

If there were more bike nuts I would be right into it but 1/8th scale off road buggies have taken over the rc world and I don`t mind that I guess.

I really miss racing 8th scale on road, it makes buggies seem so slow ! :GRIN:

Pipeous 10-06-2009 10:18 AM

some people give up on the bikes too fast because they are a little difficult at first. I am in the process of getting a new bike. we have about a half dozen going here but 5th scale on road is just starting to take off, so the bikes will increase with that popularity... most of my 5th scale buds ride harleys ;)

vaz2107 10-06-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pipeous (Post 244414)
.... we have about a half dozen going here but 5th scale on road is just starting to take off, so the bikes will increase with that popularity...

Hi Pipeous: This is encouraging news!

kevin@rcbike.com

vaz2107 10-06-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JordanAK (Post 244374)
.... On-road seems so dead and that makes the idea of "bikes" all the more difficult I think.:DOWN:

Hi Jordan: Well there's always dirt bikes :) such as the Ricky (OK if modified), ARX, and whatnot to have a go with.

kevin@rcbike.com

JordanAK 10-06-2009 01:03 PM

A friend has a Ricky bike but it doesn`t get around the rc track too good. I haven`t seen the ARX bike in person yet but it looks the best for off-road.

I prefer the GP bikes and think manufacturers should have stuck with the 1/4 scale size like the DWA from years ago even though the 1/5 scale size is ok and plenty fast... myTTR nitro bike flys !

Sure would be neat to get something going even for a day next year, I see Thunder Tiger is bringing out a radical new E bike.

vaz2107 10-06-2009 06:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Jordan: Ricky can be modified into quite a good performer. Here's an example of what can be achieved. Note this isn't my bike, although I have all the parts for an identical conversion ... I just haven't had the time to bolt it all together so far:

kevin@rcbike.com

Ron_Prinzen 10-06-2009 10:14 PM

I too have a TTR bike, there is something like 200 Thunder Tiger bikes sold in the GTA, according to Hobbycraft, but as Jordan said we tried to get some of them out to the Hamilton track but had no luck. They do take a bit of getting used to at first, but man they sure are fun when you get to see the rear tire trying to break loose!

I have a Ricky bike as well and doesn't handle as well, although I have run it very few times!

...quad ATV? like this one?!......that thing is cool! I even want ot build one!

http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/at...5-Image028.jpg