RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   BBT/WINGBURNER --> 4 REDHEADS and a CARDEN (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=118195)

TBrum 02-14-2011 11:04 AM

BBT/WINGBURNER --> 4 REDHEADS and a CARDEN

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

As the title would suggest, Wingburner and I have some real excitement about to unfold over the next few months :rock:

There's a sweet 35% about to be shipped from our good friends at Carden!!! :TU:

But the really special part is the powerplant - picture 4 redheads (I'm talking cylinders folks!!) equalling 112cc's of smooth, quiet, torquey power!! :yikes: :yikes:

And best of all --- this build will get some serious lightening and bling to offset the weight of the 4 redheads up front!!!!

GOING TO BE A BLAST!!!!

wingburner 02-14-2011 11:41 AM

Re: BBT/WINGBURNER --> 4 REDHEADS and a CARDEN

Yeeeee-Haaaawwwww :D :D

Been wanting to do this project for over a year now. Finally everything fell into place.

With a few after market lightweight goodies and Trev's skills I believe we can look forward to a 28lb plane with a quad up front. Should be amazing.:) :)

And yup Jim I got up from being bucked off and it's the venerable 3W-112iB4 CS :p ;)

Bdegan 02-14-2011 12:12 PM

That is going to be wicked :twisted:

But only a 35% ???

I thought a 40% superlight would be good on that motor:p

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

wingburner 02-14-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdegan (Post 799783)
That is going to be wicked :twisted:

But only a 35% ???

I thought a 40% superlight would be good on that motor:p

Trevor and I have discussed the many possible planes for this engine and we always seem to come back to the 35% over the 40%. I think balancing would be an issue with all the extensive lightening Trevor would have to do on a 40%.

Then there was a 33% Cub that was going to be Cubby Extreme...But then it was thought a 40% would be better.

Sooo it got back to the 35% areobatic type and nothing better than a Carden to to let the redheads show off their stuff!! :) ;)

VA6WGO 02-14-2011 04:19 PM

Hey Jack,

I hope you can bring it down to Red Deer! I don't participate much but I follow Trev's builts closely.

I can't wait to see it!

Cheers,

Will

TBrum 02-14-2011 05:58 PM

Yep, this is going to be a really sweet set-up!!!!

The 3W112 quad is about 2lbs heavier than a 3W106 with a bit more power (should be very close in power to a DA120, if not more!!!)

So, the build will feature a lot of lightening with lots of CF bling to offset the motor weight and I hope it will come in between 28 and 29lbs!!!!

A light plane with the smoothness and power of a quad in a 35% airframe...should be a plane that is worthy of Wingburner!!!! :rock: :rock:

Bdegan 02-14-2011 06:24 PM

All this talk of Red heads......

The plane is 35%....... Sooooo Which plane is it ?????

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

wingburner 02-14-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdegan (Post 799912)
All this talk of Red heads......

The plane is 35%....... Sooooo Which plane is it ?????

Oh sorry Brad...All this talk of redheads and my mind starts to...well you know:)

It'll be the Carden Extra 330 mid-wing!!:D

wingburner 02-14-2011 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VA6WGO (Post 799860)
Hey Jack,

I hope you can bring it down to Red Deer! I don't participate much but I follow Trev's builts closely.

I can't wait to see it!

Cheers,

Will

Hi Will,

I will likely be down in your area in the spring. This plane won't be ready by then but I have another one or two I can bring and fly.

Jack

Colyn 02-14-2011 06:58 PM

Nice!!!! is that the one classed as 150cc ??? strange as its only 118 inch span what is the benifit of the 330 mid against the 260??? like I said nice!!!! when is the start date????:D