RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   AMR 42% Super Decathlon Build / DLE 222 - BBKING (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=131715)

YoungestPiperCub 11-22-2011 10:13 AM

AMR 42% Super Decathlon Build / DLE 222 - BBKING

4 Attachment(s)
Well it's official. Today I should be receiving my next kit from AMR-RC.

I can't thank Michel enough for the many, many emails the last few weeks over what kit to build next engine choices and help with my cub kit that is nearly completion of sticking up.

For those of you that haven't figured it out yet, I am not a very experienced builder. I am always learning and working to be as good as many people I look up to. Mike Fritz, Terry Tripp, Trev Brum and MANY Others have taught me a lot about building. This is only my 4th airplane kit build but I was not sure I could handle building a plane of this size. I decided to try the AMR Cub first to get back into building and it is going so well I have decided to jump in and go for it :) Michel says this plane is even easier to build than the cub.

Here are some specs on this beast...

Wing span: 165"
Fuse length: 108"
Wing area: 4 620 Sq. inches
Plug-in wing and stab panels

I will be powering this plane with a DLE222 that is also coming in the shipment due for this afternoon. Servos will be my favorite Hitec's the 7954sh running on 7.4 volts

The colour scheme for this plane will be of a restored super decathlon #VH-MCM. It is an olive drab warbird scheme I think looks great on this plane!!!

wingburner 11-22-2011 11:35 AM

Re: AMR 42% Super Decathlon Build / DLE 222 - BBKING

Very very nice. That will be a gem when you're finished.:TU::TU:

Congrats.:rock::rock:

bradleyban 11-22-2011 11:40 AM

Definately Sub'd to this one. When does the kit arrive Kevin? This is deffinatly a maidenfest bird! You'll competing with Trevor for the most plans maidened :D

TBrum 11-22-2011 12:04 PM

Yeeehaaa... ANOTHER BUILD :rock::rock:

Sub'd

This is going to be such an awesome plane!!

Looks like Maidenfest 2012 is going to be quite the event!! This will definitely be the largest plane there!!

Congrats on the DLE222 also! - WOW!

TBrum 11-22-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradleyban (Post 887088)
Definately Sub'd to this one. When does the kit arrive Kevin? This is deffinatly a maidenfest bird! You'll competing with Trevor for the most plans maidened :D

LOL - Whatever !!!

Bdegan 11-22-2011 12:20 PM

That will be wicked !!!!!!! :hot::hot::hot:

And you were talking about getting an invite :rolleyes:

You just wrote your own ticket LOL

Now we nered to find a suitable location wothy of all these big planes.
Some place that is fairly central for all to attend.

Aurora was Ok last year. But with the increased number of large planes that are being built this winter. And the fact that Aurora now has a further shrunken air space due to more building construction nearby.
Aurora is not feasible

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

APicard 11-22-2011 01:40 PM

Sub'd Kevin,

Cant wait to see the build in progress.

YoungestPiperCub 11-22-2011 03:05 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Well i got the boxes.......

The short one was 50 lbs and the tall one is 70 lbs!!!! So much stuff in here. I barely got the boxes in my car. Got them home and upstairs for now but I had to pull the engine out to take a look.

Cant wait to get cracking, but I am not Trev and will do one at a time!

bradleyban 11-22-2011 03:08 PM

WOW!! Already!!! :hot::hot:

Get the Cub done mister

TBrum 11-22-2011 03:21 PM

Ya...c'mon!! Hurry, hurry!!!! Get that Cub done!

What did of weight are you expecting for this combo???

T