RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New Radio Choice - Poll (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=120734)

Wayne MIller 04-07-2011 11:24 AM

New Radio Choice - Poll

Hi,

If there is anyone looking for a new radio, R C U has a post with a poll going on which radio people would buy today. You may want to take a look.

Here is the link:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10447981/tm.htm

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

Max 04-07-2011 02:19 PM

Re: New Radio Choice - Poll

Sounds like the classic "Apple vs MAC"

I looked at the data and I wouldn't make the decision to buy a radio based on the results of that poll. So far it shows the Aurora9 and the Airtronics in the lead. Really???

While I am not against these radio's I dont think this general type of polling will produce accurate, unbiased results.

aceplant00 04-07-2011 02:59 PM

HAve to say each radio has pros and Cons. I started with a Hitec it never failed me and when it came to upgrading looked at what was available and went with what I know. Hitec Aurora is a great radio.

spitrc 04-07-2011 03:30 PM

Hobby King, of Course, nice bright orange colors
easy to find it in the dark.

and at that price. use it once and throw it away when the battery dies!

cadcamguy 04-07-2011 06:08 PM

I bought the airtronics sd-10g and it is great.
Apart from telemetry, I can't think of anything it is missing.
Great deal for the price IMO.

I don't know what all the fuss is about with telemetry.
Maybe its just me (obviously :D )

kip51035 04-07-2011 07:02 PM

With all the complaints in the electronics Forum I am not convinced I need to upgrade. I am like Don Garlits the old time drag racer, he hated new parts.

Guest 04-07-2011 08:01 PM

It's a pretty skewed poll with those radio choices. The average RC modeler isn't going to shell out 1K for a radio because they generally don't need it. They'll want the least expensive one for the most part, as such, the Scaretronics and Hitec are in the lead.
They didn't even list the Futaba 14MZ in that poll. It's really not fair to include radio's like the 14MZ or the 12X in a poll where maybe 2% of the people voting would ever feel the need for a radio like that.
While I will personally never own another Futaba radio you really can't beat the "bang for the buck" in their 12 channel stuff.
I'm a JR guy, I wouldn't ever consider the other 3 brands, so again the poll is skewed. Even if I was unbiased, and was trying to decide, I'd have to look at my needs, and my needs would have elimated all but the 12X, 11X and Futaba 12.

I know 2 guys who have the Aurora 9's now, both want to go back to Futaba or JR.

Hughes500E 04-08-2011 02:57 AM

Interesting that you can't use a JR radio in the country it was made in LOL.

We all have our own opinion. Despite the fact you like the slowest radios, I'd still buy you a beer ;)

SD10G is a brilliant radio, still can't live without my Futaba 10C...........

canadianf1pilot 04-08-2011 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughes500E (Post 816725)
Interesting that you can't use a JR radio in the country it was made in LOL.

We all have our own opinion. Despite the fact you like the slowest radios, I'd still buy you a beer ;)

SD10G is a brilliant radio, still can't live without my Futaba 10C...........

eewwwww are you gonna take that Jeremy...LOL

Them's fightin' words......got get 'em....

LOL

I'm JR all the way as well, even it it is Jeremy's hand-me-downs!

WW

OLD PRAIRIE RED NECK 04-08-2011 07:19 AM

Out here in no man's land, I buy what the local hobby outlet sells period. That's what I can get parts for! It used to be Airtronics, now it's Hitech, tomorrow - who knows?

I have had at least one of most brands, & they all worked fine! The only exception was a used one that had been "abused" !

So in my opinion it's a matter of what "options" fit your "wants".
Like the guys that stand around looking at the dashes of thier pick ups to see who has "pee'd highest up the barn wall" !

There really aren't any "bad" radio's made anymore!

My story & I'm stick'n to it!