RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Electronics (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Spektrum DX7s at G.H. (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=132708)

cloudniner 12-12-2011 05:19 PM

Spektrum DX7s at G.H.

I have a fixation (or something) in that I go to Great Hobbies site maybe once a week and check on the number of radios they have in stock all brands. Just to get a feel for what is being sold brand wise.

"Holly Cow Batman" they now have 35 DX7s in stock. Do you think they might sell a few!

The most I have seen before was maybe 6 DX8s.

aceplant00 12-12-2011 05:36 PM

Re: Spektrum DX7s at G.H.

proves most guys are going to a real radio the Hitec Aurora

cloudniner 12-12-2011 05:51 PM

What are you nuts?

I hate to bust your bubble but they have sold very very few A9s based on my observations over the past year. The most they have ever had in stock is 3. Tell you something? When they do sell one they never replace it to give more than three. This must mean they have a max stock of three.

So they got 35 DX7s means in my feeble mind that they are expecting to sell a bunch.

JimMcIntyre 12-12-2011 06:16 PM

You don't think they stock based on demand?

Bet they sell out on the Dx7s before any other radio regardless of stock. LOL!

Arn 12-12-2011 07:03 PM

Current GH site shows .... 35 down to 20 .... must have been an instore special .... :p :p :p

SPM7800
DX7S Air 2.4GHz System

Location Stock
Stratford, PE 7
Edmonton, AB 8
Ottawa, ON 5
Mississauga, ON 0

To be used as a general guide to current inventory.
Last upload was 20:25 AST, Monday, December 12, 2011.
31 minutes have elapsed since the last update.

:cheers:

hardcore 12-12-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceplant00 (Post 894353)
proves most guys are going to a real radio the Hitec Aurora

I would agree with the others..... Seems that they just got a shipment of the *NEW* DX7S. You'll note that the *OLD* DX7se was almost identical to the DX7, but the new version is styled after the DX8, and IIRC, DSMX, not DSM2. I'm sure there are other differences as well, but who's really keeping track ;)

:cheers:

HC

scaleguy 12-13-2011 05:55 AM

I know HobbyHobby just got a whole bunch in and they are going out the door like it's boxing Day or something.

Nice features but really why do Spektrum make a 5,6,7,8,10 CH radio then JR has the 9503, 11x and 12x. OVERKILL if you ask me.

I was flying Spektrum 7ch then moved up to the 9303 2.4gHz but have since moved to a Futaba 12z 2.4gHz as it is more versatile when it comes to mixing and switch/ch assignments. I have a Dx7 and a 9303 2.4gHz that I will hold onto to fly all the BNF stuff I have but it's the 12z 2.4gHz :hot::hot::hot: for IMAC babby! ;) :D

cloudniner 12-13-2011 07:32 AM

Want to talk about overkill.

If one goes to the GH web site and counts the number of different radios Futaba has twenty, Spektrum has ten, JR three, didn't bother counting Hitec but they are up there also.

I could never figure out why Futaba needed so many different radios. Like six 6-channel ones???

Then again there is the 18 channel $3000 job overkill?

Different switches to do different things is a bad idea in my mind. Tying to remember what switch did what on 26 different models can be challenging. I went through all of my models and made sure that for the most part they are all the same control wise.

waylander 12-13-2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scaleguy (Post 894507)
I know HobbyHobby just got a whole bunch in and they are going out the door like it's boxing Day or something.

Nice features but really why do Spektrum make a 5,6,7,8,10 CH radio then JR has the 9503, 11x and 12x. OVERKILL if you ask me.

I was flying Spektrum 7ch then moved up to the 9303 2.4gHz but have since moved to a Futaba 12z 2.4gHz as it is more versatile when it comes to mixing and switch/ch assignments. I have a Dx7 and a 9303 2.4gHz that I will hold onto to fly all the BNF stuff I have but it's the 12z 2.4gHz :hot::hot::hot: for IMAC babby! ;) :D

Spektrum and JR share the same technology in NA, they are not the same company so IMO immaterial.

Futaba makes a 6, 7, 8, 10, 2 x 12, 14 and 18 ch radios... OVERKILL if you ask me.

No offense but what's with comments like that? Being a fan of one radio brand does not mean you should bash the others. A radio is a radio, get one that works well for you, you don't need to compare it to what others have, just be happy with yours.

There are going to be a ton of people getting the DX7s for Christmas this year, nice upgrade for those flying the mcpx w/ the rtf transmitter or those just looking for an upgrade from a DX6i.

scaleguy 12-13-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scaleguy (Post 894507)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudniner (Post 894526)
Want to talk about overkill.

If one goes to the GH web site and counts the number of different radios Futaba has twenty, Spektrum has ten, JR three, didn't bother counting Hitec but they are up there also.

I could never figure out why Futaba needed so many different radios. Like six 6-channel ones???

Then again there is the 18 channel $3000 job overkill?

Different switches to do different things is a bad idea in my mind. Tying to remember what switch did what on 26 different models can be challenging. I went through all of my models and made sure that for the most part they are all the same control wise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by waylander (Post 894569)
Spektrum and JR share the same technology in NA, they are not the same company so IMO immaterial.

Futaba makes a 6, 7, 8, 10, 2 x 12, 14 and 18 ch radios... OVERKILL if you ask me.

No offense but what's with comments like that? Being a fan of one radio brand does not mean you should bash the others. A radio is a radio, get one that works well for you, you don't need to compare it to what others have, just be happy with yours.

There are going to be a ton of people getting the DX7s for Christmas this year, nice upgrade for those flying the mcpx w/ the rtf transmitter or those just looking for an upgrade from a DX6i.

Guyz,

NO bashing going on here, I own both.

I agree BOTH companies offer way to many choices. You are corect 6 different 6 ch's is Ridonculous.

The new DX7s is just one channel short of the DX8. It even looks like a Dx8. Choice is always good but once you learn to fly just bite the bullet and get an Dx8 OR 9503.

Oh and by the way JR & Spektrum are the same company. Just like Volkswagen and Audi, same MFCR, different Brand Name.

Like I said I like the features of the new DX7 and why can't I say what I like, you do. Everyone has opinions....None are right and None are wrong, that's why they are opinions. :)