RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Great Northern Hobbies????????????? (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=60223)

Noin 11-03-2006 11:53 AM

Great Northern Hobbies?????????????

Just looking at ordering something from these guys and I was looking for a location and phone number on the site. There was none to be found. Has anyone ordered from them and how was the service? Does anyone know who they are and where they are located? I just want to be reassured that they are safe to send my money to.

Angus 11-03-2006 12:21 PM

I ordered a brushless motor from them (Daniel) nothing but first class service and information, I would highly recommend.

Angus

ronm 11-03-2006 12:22 PM

I bought from them, they are very good. :D

HenryPel 11-03-2006 03:14 PM

I also agree Daniel was very informative and helpful.

responses by email returned very quickly.
ordered an inrunner and ESC arrived quickly via Canada Post

Henry Pel

nony 11-03-2006 07:15 PM

Is this a different company from GREAT NORTHERN MODELS ???

Angus 11-03-2006 09:12 PM

Yep, they specialize in electric stuff.

Credence 11-03-2006 10:58 PM

Thanks for all the kind words guys, glad to know that the service is appreciated! :). I'm a regular lurker here on RCC and RCU, so rest assured, I don't plan on taking your money and running, it's certainly not worth my online reputation! :D

For anyone who hasn't seen the site yet, we've just launched our own forums dedicated specifically to e-flight, so don't be afraid to drop in, say hello, or even just ask some questions about our products.

Take care,

nosedive 11-04-2006 01:49 AM

So, where is Great Northern Hobbies located? A web store with no physical address or phone # listed raises a red flag in my mind.

Flypaper 11-04-2006 07:21 AM

Tried to register and wouldn't accept any password so I gave up. Why not put your profile in your forum, where you live what you fly, etc. just to loosen things up. :mrgreen: Using the Towerpro servos I bought at the Neat show a couple of yrs ago. All still working fine. Will you be stocking any kits.?

Credence 11-04-2006 12:06 PM

Nosedive, it's only a small part time business for me at the moment, so there is no physical location in terms of business operations. Same with the phone number, since everything is done strictly online, and because the amount of sales I do is not very large, there is currently no reason for me to have a phone number, email works just fine :).

I realize everyone is not comfortable without a phone number to call, and it is something I will add in the future, but currently, there is just no real need for it.

Flypaper, I have no plans on carrying kits, at least not for the foreseeable future. The goal is to specialize strictly in the electronic components you need to get the plane into the air, not the plane it's self. Theres many other retailers out there that sell planes, probably at prices I couldn't even match (Great Hobbies being a good example) so it's not part of my current plan.

Odd that you couldn't sign up. What error were you getting? Still trying to work out a few kinks in the system here :).