RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Electric Jets (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Rafale twin edf jet.. (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=202243)

Struts1 08-28-2013 05:26 PM

Rafale twin edf jet..

10 Attachment(s)
I just got this in trade for my HPI E10 Lamborghini Gullardo.

It's seems to be Prodesign model but i have no clue as no instructions or box came with it. It has fixed gears on it, both canards and wings are glued on, rest still have to be done. Came with 3 blade impellers with 70mm edf units and that's about it. Does anyone have this jet and knows what would be good power system for it. Since this is smaller and lighter then my 90mm Typhoon but is twin, i bet this will be one super fast model, yet I wan't to keep it reasonably fast but not super fast.

Fuselage and canards are fiberglass with beautiful white gelcoat finish on them, same for the fin and wings seems to be built up types which are covered in white plastic film.

Struts1 08-28-2013 10:40 PM

Re: Rafale twin edf jet..

How would Change Sun 12 blade 70mm x 2 edfs on 4S would be in this model, any ideas and thoughts guys....

Eric S. 08-29-2013 05:34 PM

I'm almost certain it's the Prodesign model from Hobbyking. I think they still sell it. I would go 6s as it will probably be a heavy pig knowing Prodesign. I almost bought that puppy on Kijiji a while ago as it was a steal. I'm not sure if it would be fast as the ducting is a bit restrictive unless there are cheater holes. I bought a foamy single 70mm from HK and it was a slug until I put cheater holes on it and went to 6s. The intakes are very small if it's scale. I am using the HK DPS 70mm in mine and it's got decent speed-it's not a rocket but it's enough. A nice set up would be BL32's and the new 14 blade XRP fans. I have twin BL32's with the changesun 12 blade units in my SU35 but I haven't maidened it yet as I have some serious elevator flutter- I'm going to replace the servos. I did spool it up in my garage though vertically and it would hover no problem -if I'd let go it would have hit the ceiling. I would like to see that bird in the air for sure. Keep me in the know!

Struts1 08-29-2013 06:01 PM

What are BL32's?. Plus where can I read and see pics of 12 Blade XPR fan units.
I just placed my 6S 4500 single Nano pack n ur right it feels heavy even without fans, motors, esc's and servos in the plane. No cheater holes Eric.

So can I use single 6S 4500 Nano pack on 2 edfs in this model as there is no way for 2x 6s packs in this airframe...

Eric S. 08-30-2013 04:52 PM

E flight BL 32's are from the Habu. They are 2100KV inrunner motors and most lhs will have them or can get them pretty quick. The 14 blade XRP fans are from XFLIGHT RC. The 14 blade units are new and I've not seen any reviews on them yet. The 12 blade changesun units are a little bigger than the 10 blade units and will draw more amp from what I've read. The 14 blade units from XFLIGHT are the same size as the 10 blade units and will fit many stock shrouds as well. From your pics, it looks like the intakes are bigger than scale so you should be OK as far as airflow goes.There are some reviews on the fans over on RC Groups.

Eric S. 08-30-2013 04:59 PM

As far as the battery goes, twin BL32's will draw a lot of amps so you would need a good battery. your other option is to run each motor on it's own battery as I've done with my SU35. I got the idea from a guy named Rod Campbell on you tube.
Here's a link to xflight as well.
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...soaix6ZpzkjUAw

Cheers,
Eric.

Struts1 09-01-2013 11:49 AM

Thanks for the good suggestions Eric, only draw back with this model is , it's too small to have 2x 6S packs in it, I could only fit one and that's about it, otherwise 2x 4s packs could do it if those motors will produce enough power to fly it nice on couple of 4s packs....
I'll get ur suggested power set up and fans and will let you know once I have them all on hand.

machzx 09-03-2013 11:34 AM

lets see some videos of your jets flying
really cool to see

super kupfer 10-01-2013 08:35 PM

I would go with one 6cell 5000mah or two 6cell 3300mah.

The CS12 or 10 blade powered by a BL32 motor is balistic.

super kupfer 10-01-2013 08:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thats one I recently finished, its a Aeronaut Rafale and its powered by a TJ120 on 12cell.

Its not an ARF, it was built and painted from a kit, built by me (all made of kevlar, glass and a bit of carbon).