RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Need Help (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=78295)

superflies 08-17-2008 09:17 PM

Need Help

I'm finishing off a Funtana 90 S and everything was going smooth until a hit a bump....
The problem is that I have these two servo's on the elevator HS 5645mg, and one servo is slower then another, I have a Jr 9303 2.4 radio and I have tried plugging the servos in opp. channels and still there is a difference. Could the servo be bad? Is it a programming issue? Just wondering, I never had this happen before, the servos are brand new never used. Thanks for the help.

voyager_663rd 08-18-2008 08:19 AM

Re: Need Help

I thought the (servo) latency issue was only for the 9c and that 2.4 eliminated it? Maybe not.

Guest 08-18-2008 11:03 AM

The 56XX series hitec servo's are crap as far as digital servo's go. I was going to put them into my Ultimate, but after lots of reading on RCU I opted to not use them at all. Their centering sucks and there is no consistency to them in terms of equal end points or speed. Some of this can be corrected by using the Hitec servo programmer to match the servo's, you'll probably have to slow the faster one down to match the slower one though. It is likely that it has nothing to do with your transmitter or receiver but an easy way to check is to use 2 different channels, watch the speeds of the 2 servo's, then plug the servo's into the 2 channels the other way round (servo A into plug A and servo B into plug B then servo A into plug B and servo B into plug A) and see if the same servo is still slow or if it is something in the receiver or transmitter. Try plugging the servo's into a Y harness as well and check to see if they run at the same speed with that, you might need a reversing Y harness or a matchbox (which I would use anyway to try to match them as closely as possible on their endpoints).

AJCoholic 08-18-2008 11:36 AM

200 Attachment(s)
As someone who has used (first hand, not just read about them and other's use online) a lot of these servos, I say they are not crap. They are what they are, a decently strong, mid priced servo that lacks the precision of a coreless motor but is still very good for many planes (I use them in some of mylarger gas planes and also a few sport jets).

Now, as for the speed issue - the Hitec programmer can be used to set the speeds of these. You can match them exactly if you have one or access to one. It is possible that the default speed was set differently.

Or, I bet if you sent them to Hitec, they would match the speeds for youa nd return them free of charge. But I bought the programmer years back when they came out as it is a very usefull thing to have if you are going to keep using HItec digitals.

Hope that helps somewhat..

Andrew

superflies 08-18-2008 03:32 PM

Thanks for the info but still confused, I did run them on a Y-harness and found it still to be slow. I have these servos on one of my big planes and don't have a problem. I'm just going to get a new servo and see if that's the problem..

Gary Maker 08-18-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superflies (Post 544261)
Thanks for the info but still confused, I did run them on a Y-harness and found it still to be slow. I have these servos on one of my big planes and don't have a problem. I'm just going to get a new servo and see if that's the problem..

If your still confused, re-read Andrew's post again as he did answer your question.

Quote: "Now, as for the speed issue - the Hitec programmer can be used to set the speeds of these. You can match them exactly if you have one or access to one. It is possible that the default speed was set differently."

If you have used a "Y" harness linking them together in a single line and the one servo is still slow, then it is definitely as servo issue. It is a very easy fix if you have, or someone you know has, a Hitec Servo Programmer. IF NOT, as Andrew said, send it back to Hitec and they will correct it for you, quite likely at no charge.

In the mean time, swap it out for another servo that matches the speed of the good servo.

AJCoholic 08-18-2008 07:29 PM

200 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by superflies (Post 544261)

These Hitec servos are programable. You can actually program the servo speed, the center point, the end points, the deadband, and more - without needing any auxilliary gizmo like a matchbox, etc.

However you do need the hitec servo programmer. Once you set the slew speed, it remains at that rate untill you change it again. So you can set both your servos to be exactly the same speed, adjust the endpoints and center them all while using a standard Y harness.

Is that clear now? You can read up on it at the Hitec website as well.

AJC