RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Scale Aerobatics (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Canadian Invassion Plans for Florida (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=95412)

scaleguy 10-20-2009 10:59 PM

Canadian Invassion Plans for Florida

1 Attachment(s)
OK at the Baconator it was bounced back and forth about planning a Canadian Invassion of a Florida IMAC Contest this upcoming winter.

I have attached a current contest callender for most of Floriday for 2010.

The three contest that look ripe for the picking are:

Southeast Season Opener - 23 Jan 2010 - Land O' Lakes FL (Tampa Area)
2010 Amps Aerobatic Challenge - 20 Feb 2010 - Miami FL
Venice IMAC - 13 Mar 2010 - Venic FL (Tampa Area)

The idea would be to convoy down two or three van/trailers, rent a house, go a few days ahead and practice, practic, practice them bomb out of the contest Sunday afternoon and be home late Monday night. So you might be looking at 6-7 days of vacation time.

We are just bantering this around for now stay tuned. do some research on your own and post findings here. We would be looking for competitors from Basic all the way through to Unlimited.

If we can puul this off it would be one heck of an invissasion!

Rick Kroeze 10-21-2009 09:20 AM

Re: Canadian Invassion Plans for Florida

Word of caution Jim.

Some of the Southern contests have a cap on the number of pilots they can handle so you may want to check with the CD's first. It may not apply to the one's you have chosen but...

When we went to Miami they were going to cut it off at 60 pilots. There was no cut but it was close. Would have been awkward if we had displaced any of the locals out of their own contest.

We likely will do Florida again but can't make any of the proposed dates.

scot 10-21-2009 03:59 PM

I'll do my best to go (very good chance I could make it). I'll be watching this thread!!!!

michael v 10-21-2009 06:36 PM

I have already made plans to enter the Amps Challenge.
My father has a place in Miami so I have a place to stay, the best part is my wife is on maternity leave so we are going to be heading down a couple weeks before.

Gsxr 10-21-2009 07:42 PM

Land O lakes Tampa area this is the one I would like to go to if not this one Bay city spring classic. Miami has a cap on the amount of people signing up for it. And it's 4 hrs closer.

Mike

scaleguy 10-21-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Kroeze (Post 648131)
Word of caution Jim.

Some of the Southern contests have a cap on the number of pilots they can handle so you may want to check with the CD's first. It may not apply to the one's you have chosen but...

When we went to Miami they were going to cut it off at 60 pilots. There was no cut but it was close. Would have been awkward if we had displaced any of the locals out of their own contest.

We likely will do Florida again but can't make any of the proposed dates.

Deffinitely would not want to step on any local toes. We for sure would let the CD know we were coming. That's why we are getting people thinking now to have enoguh time to finalize everything.

I guess there should be some others added over the next little while.

Hmm the only other dates I see right now for Florida are in April and May

Guest 10-23-2009 04:54 PM

I will probably be in Orlando in March staying with Shulman to get some practice in....Ivan might be there too. You guys should stop by and we will show you how its done lol :cheers:

Tyler P 10-23-2009 07:02 PM

It'd be awesome to be able to go down, but I won't be able to. Have fun!

I'd love to see Chad fly one of AJ's Slicks in an event. Although, I'm not sure they're IMAC legal.:p:D