RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Large Engines (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   EME 120- mufflers, cans, pipes and props (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=193518)

Bdegan 02-12-2013 05:47 PM

EME 120- mufflers, cans, pipes and props

The EME's arrived today :D
So I gave Lorne a quick call about how Trevor and I should proceed.

We decided to make a new separate thread for the 120 and another for the 60.

We have been given permission to open up the motors and document what we see, what we find. And then do prop testing with different props, and exhaust set ups.
Record performance numbers and then fly them for further evaluation.

So basically we will be doing a full on review of these new engines.

I have started this thread and will post the initial pictures from when I unpacked the motor this morning.

After that. Trevor will take over this thread and continue forward with the 120. I delivered the 120 to him today ;)

If there are any questions, post them in the appropriate engine thread.

I am sure Lorne will also jump in to help answer any questions.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Bdegan 02-12-2013 05:51 PM

Re: EME 120- mufflers, cans, pipes and props

6 Attachment(s)
The engine is finished quite nicely. It does not have that machined and polished look of DA or 3W. But this engine is also half the price :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Bdegan 02-12-2013 05:54 PM

6 Attachment(s)
The carburator supplied is a Walbro WJ-71. Nice

A nicely done and fully functional throttle arm comes pre installed

Bdegan 02-12-2013 05:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)
The prop hub is very nice, A simple look on the outside.
But it is drilled on the inside to remove any unneeded material to help reduce weight

EME supplies their engines with genuine RC Excel ignitions

Bdegan 02-12-2013 05:59 PM

6 Attachment(s)
EME also supplies some colorful stickers. And some Black and clear.

There is also a drill template supplied for drilling the firewall in your plane.
The cool thing about it is, it is also a sticker.

The lines and measurements are printed on clear film. Peel the backing and stick it on your firewall to use a drill guide. :TU:

Bdegan 02-12-2013 06:01 PM

Thats it for my part........

Trevor...... Tag !!!! Your It !!!!

:D:D:D

TBrum 02-12-2013 06:05 PM

I'm it??!!!??.. Saaaweeet!!

I did 4 flights on it today... Pulls a Mej30x10 with ease
J/K!!!! I get some weights tonight and may open it up!

Trev

rpm 02-12-2013 06:56 PM

Wow, Thats a really nice looking motor.
I am very interested in your findings as I will be needing a new motor in this size class for my EF 104" Extra.

Lorne @ Pro-RC.ca 02-13-2013 07:24 AM

332 Attachment(s)
Looking forward to the numbers. I knew you would be the man to test this baby:yes::yes::yes:

TBrum 02-13-2013 09:12 AM

Last night I pulled the jugs off of the EME120 and had a good look. Looks really, really nice inside. Everything is finished off great and a nice cross-hatch.

For kicks I checked the end gap in the stock rings... 0.008" and 0.009". By comparison, Frank Bowman sets his rings at 0.002-0.003". Compression still seems fine. We're going to do all the testing on the stock rings. Perhaps later, we'll think about ordering at set of Bowmans and see if it makes any difference.

A few other points....
* I like the case and head casting colour and seems a bit nicer than the DLE’s
* The EME sparkplugs don't seem to have the nicest thread on them and Brad has already fed this back to Lorne... even screwed in 1/2way, the threads are loose. Like Brad did on the 60, I installed some CM-6's and they're perfect.
* The sparkplug thread has been beadblasted – not a big deal, just wanted to point it out
* Exhaust flange could use some facing but no big deal IMO.
* The sparkplug seat is faced.
* It's light!!!!! I'll post pics tonight, but very exciting to see!!!

Overall, it looks like a great motor and seems at least equal to the DLE111 V4 (if not a bit nicer) in terms of the quality and finish.

I'm sooooooo stoked to get testing this motor.
Brad is going to get the EME60 on the stand first.