RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   Sid's Raceway Good Day Of Practice (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=173973)

Chet 08-03-2008 05:31 PM

Good Day Of Practice

Well I got there pretty early and swept the track off first. It was pretty smooth to start I like the hole shot then. As the day went on it started to brake up and I found the the bow tie was the best same old. But I've final got use to a 7.5 in my B4:D

88wingnut 08-03-2008 06:38 PM

Perfect weather today. Tuning the setup was a little tough with all the sand still on the track, especially off the racing line, but it was good to get some laps in before next week's race.

shurcooL 08-03-2008 06:42 PM

Hey Chet, thanks a lot for answering all my questions and your help! I've learned a lot and had tons of fun for my first day practice racing at Sid's. :) Thanks to everyone else for being supportive and nice too. :D

Hopefully I'll be getting my Mamba/Lipo battery & charger sometime during this week so I'll be able to try it out the next time... and see how well my buggy flies, hehe. Over the jumps, that is. :D That's when I'll really start tuning it for the track and my driving style, etc.

Anyway, it's been really great and thanks to everyone! :UP: :CAN:

Dmitri

Chet 08-03-2008 09:50 PM

Hey no prob for the info, I don't mind helping out. AE is my old school RC. I think I've got my b4 the best it will get for sids.

gnode 08-04-2008 01:48 AM

Yeah Chet was fast today with 2wd, I was chasing him with my 4wd and I could hardly make much ground on him, there was no way I could pass, and there was lots of dust on the track. I couldn't believe it.
Had fun racing with Jay with 4wd. He's got the lines down. :D

johnnyboy 08-04-2008 08:12 AM

How was the surface holding up? Still fairly smooth?

gnode 08-04-2008 05:33 PM

After yesterdays practice it started to get a little blown out. But nothing like it was last year. I was watching some vids from last year, and the cars where bouncing everywhere. :OMG: So much better this year.

entilza 08-04-2008 07:14 PM

Finally got a chance to try the track and it was great, I think this is the first time I got a chance to practice.. After all the racing it's a nice change...

Anyway I was really happy with the Losi, it was super hooked up and happy to report the surface was in my opinion incredible. The bow ties were magic.

Didn't sweep anything it was great. All the jumps are still perfect.

Met a couple new people and just as I was leaving someone new showed up with 2 brand new losi's a CR and a xxx4, still shining, lol, I wish I got a chance to see em run but had to go. Hope he comes again (both full green cars)

Couple new guys Bob and Eric were there, John Ha was really getting quick out there... Nice of Jay to show up we had fun out there chasing each other around.

All The Way 08-04-2008 08:52 PM

I have a good setup for the CR Truck....just ask john how hooked up it is

johnnyboy 08-05-2008 11:09 AM

Man, I am itching to get out and practice. I still have not even fixed my Lazer since the race...lol. The kid is walking now so he is keeping me busy!