RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Precision Aerobatics (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Pattern In The Wick - Funfly (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=199587)

Skidoo55 06-25-2013 12:24 PM

Pattern In The Wick - Funfly

I am a member of the Keswick Club, and am planning to organize a funfly geared towards Pattern flying, with oldschool or new school planes.

I have also posted a thread in the General discussion area.

Basically, I am looking for a show of hands on who would be interested in attending this funfly.

We would use the same protocol as with other events that are held at our field... Nitro/Gas powered models can fire up at 10:00AM.
Morning Coffee is complimentary, BBQ Lunch for a modest fee.
Event flying will go until 3:00, at which time, the skies are open to any type of plane.

There will be a pilots meeting immediately before 10:00AM, then we go live.

Airspace will be controlled accordingly, if you need the airspace to yourself, you will have it...

I have numerous weekends available between now and the end of August, so please let me know weekends that are definitely out, and once I get some participants, I will throw some dates out.

I must stress, this isn't a competition, just an opportunity to dust off some of your old planes, or new, and show us whatcha got...

If you have never flown at the Keswick field, we have done a ton of work on the field, and it is now in excellent condition. We have a fabric runway for small wheels and retracts. The grass portion is also very smooth. The airspace is perfect to pattern flying, long and wide. Bottom line, you won't be disappointed!!

So please reply to this thread, and let's get this thing planned!!!

NDW 06-25-2013 03:47 PM

Re: Pattern In The Wick - Funfly

Damn..... You mean I have to build the old school partern plane I've have squirreled away in the basement.....
Paul, I'm in no matter if I fly or not..... Let me know what I can do to help.

Skidoo55 06-25-2013 05:15 PM

Good to hear it Nelson... Here's what you can do to help... Build your plane and spread the word... :)

NDW 06-25-2013 05:19 PM

Got it....... Words being spread and paint being laid.........

Skidoo55 06-26-2013 09:07 PM

Well, if we get some interest, I will be flying a Saturn SE with a 60 Rossi, and an original design that I got at the Aurora swap a few years ago. I stuffed an OS 120AX into it, and it's a really nice flying plane.

Come on guys, this could be a lot of fun!!

NDW 06-26-2013 09:11 PM

I have a scratch built and modified global hobbies birdy 10 with a foam cut wing and an Enya .15 for power done in Hot Wheels colors. Flys much like a larger pattern ship. Small in stature but it flys with a big ego.....

NDW.....

Skidoo55 07-01-2013 10:48 AM

Bump.

Have a look guys, this could be a ton of fun!!!!

machzx 07-01-2013 12:57 PM

i have a broken osprey that was scratch built needs love to fly
hmmm
had a nice ultrasport 60 kit un built sold it to some dude

Skidoo55 07-02-2013 10:22 PM

If that dude could only get off his butt and start putting that ultrasport together....

I actually had it out last night, and started figuring out what I need to build it. Just have to find the time now!

Skidoo55 07-05-2013 10:45 AM

I sure thought that there would be more interest in a pattern oriented funfly, but it doesn't appear to be the case. This idea is officially shelved. Nelson, send me a PM, and we can hook up at the field so you can show off your plane, I would love to see it.