RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Jet Aircraft (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Bremnar Jet and Warbird Rally (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=340313)

twofly 05-07-2015 11:10 AM

Bremnar Jet and Warbird Rally

Hi Gents,
It is now official, we will be holding a Jet and Warbird Rally at ERCS Bremnar field on July 24th,25th and 26th. This rally is the new destination for those of you who were planning on attending the Jets Over Cayley event and now have a hole on your calendar.
The Bremnar field has two grass runways 800'X200' oriented East/West and North/South with no obstructions in any direction. There is power available for charging and some limited hanger space for overnight storage. There is dry RV camping available as well.
There will be a $15.00 landing fee for those flying. We are currently working on a concession stand and Saturday evening barbecue and will update as things get worked out.
The field is located 10 minutes North of Sherwood Park. Go to the ERCS website for exact directions. www.ercs.ab.ca
Looking forward to seeing all you jet and warbird enthusiasts.

Bob Wonitoy
event CD

akb 05-07-2015 09:15 PM

Re: Bremnar Jet and Warbird Rally

Hi Bob
Will be there. Just wondering if there would more or less hotels to pick from in Fort Saskatchewan or would there be more in Sherwood Park. I have stayed at a Holiday Inn, one time when everything was full in Tofield. I think it was just little ways off of Highway 21.

Thanks for hosting this event. Look forward to it.

Alan

twofly 05-08-2015 10:33 AM

Hi Alan,
Good to hear from you. Sherwood Park is closer than Fort Saskatchewan to our field. Let me check out motels this weekend and I will get back to you on the best choices.

Bob

Wayne22 05-12-2015 09:11 PM

Actually fort sask is closer to the field and there are a number of large hotels there.....

crhammond 05-15-2015 09:40 AM

Excellent. I'll be there. I started flying again last year after a couple of years off and was at Bremner last weekend flying my Tuono (finally!) I'll be out again on Monday for the day flying the Tuono and Super Bandit. Feels great to be back!

The Tuono is a great, great flying jet.

I have not been to a fun fly in 4 years... maybe longer! Should be a great time.

Bremner is such an amazing field and a fantastic place to fly jets. Wide open, flat horizon and huge super-smooth runways.

Looking forward to seeing the finished 262 Bob - I hear you did a stunning job.

twofly 05-16-2015 10:29 AM

Hi Chris good to hear you are back flying. Look forward to seeing you at the funfly with the Tucano.

Alan,
Here are some motels located in Sherwood Park they are all located just off Broadmore Blvd and they are all about 15 minutes from the field.

The Ramada Sherwood Park
30 Broadway Blvd. Sherwood Park
Ph 780-467-6727

Best Western Plus
300 Lakeland Drive Sherwood Park
1-855-416-7800

Holiday Inn Express
11 Portage Lane Sherwood Park
780-417-3388

Not sure about motels in Fort Saskatchewan the distance is about the same as to Sherwood Park depending where the motel is located in the Fort.

Bob

akb 05-16-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twofly (Post 2382945)
Hi Chris good to hear you are back flying. Look forward to seeing you at the funfly with the Tucano.

Alan,
Here are some motels located in Sherwood Park they are all located just off Broadmore Blvd and they are all about 15 minutes from the field.

The Ramada Sherwood Park
30 Broadway Blvd. Sherwood Park
Ph 780-467-6727

Best Western Plus
300 Lakeland Drive Sherwood Park
1-855-416-7800

Holiday Inn Express
11 Portage Lane Sherwood Park
780-417-3388

Not sure about motels in Fort Saskatchewan the distance is about the same as to Sherwood Park depending where the motel is located in the Fort.

Bob

Hi Bob
Thanks for the list, definitely a good choice to pick from.

Alan

nate55 05-17-2015 11:31 AM

I noticed a fire ban on in Strathcona County , has the executive of ERRCS or the safety committee of the club allowed the operation of jets as of today / would like to fly the F-86.and am not interested in politics . are we good to go ?? would like to hear from a executive member on this matter . weather we are covered on MAAC , I do not believe that that has been dealt with, if it has can someone bring me up to date , I am sure other jet pilots would be very interested knowing we are covered and allowed to fly @ ERRCS while a ban is on . Please advise

Cheers Nate Rondeau

hellyeh 05-17-2015 12:06 PM

Nate , i am neither an executive or a member of the ERCS club , but rather just some schmoe reading this thread . If you are aware of a fire ban in Strathcona County , where the field is located , would common sense not apply here and tell you that flying your fire breathing jet , during a FIRE BAN , not be considered a good idea ? You say you aren't interested in politics ? Why would you take that risk ? Just sayin'..........

crhammond 05-19-2015 03:01 PM

Um - I didn't know there was a fire ban but I was flying jets there yesterday. It was insanely gusty and dusty with them tilling/turning the fields around the club. Made for some challenging approaches (good practice and good for revving up the heart rate without needing to exercise LOL.) It's nice to have a heavy bird when its windy LOL.

If there is a fire ban we shouldn't fly - simple as that.

Is there a ban for Leduc county too? If not then CCF and Leduc are options for flying jets.