RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Scale Aerobatics (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Regional IMAC awards - did you receive them? (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=86459)

isabel 03-31-2009 03:41 PM

Regional IMAC awards - did you receive them?

I am wondering if any of you Canadian folks have received your IMAC regional awards for the 2008 season?

Isabel

Billpilotca 03-31-2009 08:12 PM

Re: Regional IMAC awards - did you receive them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by isabel (Post 597587)
I am wondering if any of you Canadian folks have received your IMAC regional awards for the 2008 season?

Isabel

Isabel - I did receive the Ontario Regional Award plaque for Basic. I understood that Bob H had the plaques at Chatham at the rainout. Bryan M held onto mine until I could retrieve it in the fall.

Or are you referring to something re NC Region awards ??

Bill

Bryan Mailloux 03-31-2009 08:28 PM

The NC Awards were given out at the last event of the year, the NC Finals in wheeler Indiana. The Canadians that went, brought back a bunch.

At each contest,$3 per pilot go to help pay for these regional Imac awards. This is the case for all Imac regions. There was 1st,2nd and 3rd in each class.

Rick Kroeze 03-31-2009 09:26 PM

Yes I received mine (NC region) via Bryan and Jim's courier service.

scaleguy 03-31-2009 09:55 PM

Got mine too but I was there at Wheeler. As Bryan said we brought back all of the Canadian ones for NC Region.

I would be contacting your NE Director to find out about those.

scaleguy 03-31-2009 09:57 PM

Of course you must be an IMAC member in good standing to recieve the awards. Only IMAC members are eligable.... as it should be.

isabel 04-01-2009 01:01 PM

Hm, I wasn't thinking that last year Bob was the NC regional director... so of course you got them. In NE we didn't have a regional finals and the director gave them to people who live close to him, for us we had to send in our mailing addresses. I tried to email the regional director many times and so did other pilots in Quebec but it's not working. And yes we are IMAC members in good standing and sent our 3$/pilot for all the Quebec contests.

Anyways thanks for the replies, glad you got yours from Bob, and hopefully it will get sorted out eventually over here. :)

Isabel

50%300SFlyer 04-01-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isabel (Post 597881)
Hm, I wasn't thinking that last year Bob was the NC regional director... so of course you got them. In NE we didn't have a regional finals and the director gave them to people who live close to him, for us we had to send in our mailing addresses. I tried to email the regional director many times and so did other pilots in Quebec but it's not working. And yes we are IMAC members in good standing and sent our 3$/pilot for all the Quebec contests.

Anyways thanks for the replies, glad you got yours from Bob, and hopefully it will get sorted out eventually over here. :)

Isabel

I wonder if the other winners in the NE region south of the border received their awards?

scaleguy 04-01-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50%300SFlyer (Post 597924)
I wonder if the other winners in the NE region south of the border received their awards?

Yes might be worth a post on the IMAC website, Isabel.

If there were no finals did they just go for the best 5/6 for the year? Was there standings on the/a website for all to see?

50%300SFlyer 04-01-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scaleguy (Post 597927)
Yes might be worth a post on the IMAC website, Isabel.

If there were no finals did they just go for the best 5/6 for the year? Was there standings on the/a website for all to see?

She already has.

http://www.mini-iac.com/TheForums/ta...c/Default.aspx

It would seem the US pilots in the NE region already have their awards. This just doesn’t seem right... :confused:

Perhaps Canadian CDs in the NE should stop sending in the $3 US per pilot... or even request the funds back from the 2008 contests. That should get their attention. :rolleyes: