RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   50% Exclusiv Modellbau Ultimate Bipe Build Thread (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=123996)

TBrum 06-12-2011 03:26 PM

50% Exclusiv Modellbau Ultimate Bipe Build Thread

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't resist!!!! - When this came up for sale still in kit form, I had to jump on it!!

This will be my fall / winter 2011 project, but thought I'd post a few pictures of what I'll be starting with, since there are a few eager folks to see the goods!!!

Exclusiv Modellbau's website:
http://www.emhw.de/

Specs:
Wingspan - 112.8" :shock:
Length - 119.3" :yikes:
Weight - starting at 43lbs :TU:
Motor - 200cc +

Motor choice:
I'll be putting my Mintor220 QUAD in this beast for 2 reasons - power & smoothness

The kit arrived in 4 boxes:
Box 1: MASSIVE box of wood!
Box 2: Landing gear, cabanes, parts, hardware
Box 3: Turtledeck
Box 4: Fiberglass parts

Here's the catch:
* There are no full size plans :shock:
* The instructions and pictures are very, very sketchy (broken english and not clear pictures) :shock:
* A lot of the parts have been punched out of the routered sheets, so it's tough to figure out what they are for :shock:
* There are no other build threads of this plane :shock:

Should be a very challenging build !!!!!!

TBrum 06-12-2011 03:30 PM

Re: 50% Exclusiv Modellbau Ultimate Bipe Build Thread

7 Attachment(s)
Here's what was inside the box of wood :yikes::yikes:

The stabs and rudder were glued together from the original owner - lots of work left to go, but a start!!

They are huge!!!! :o :o :o (comparison to 35% Carden)

The upper wings were also partially started!!

TBrum 06-12-2011 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The original owner also sheeted the turtledeck!!

TBrum 06-12-2011 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A beautiful Stainless Steel, polished center cabane structure and some kavan wheels are included!

TBrum 06-12-2011 03:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
And a massive composite landing gear!!! As comparison, I'm showing it against the massive landing gear for my 43% Carden - dwarfs it!!! :yes:

TBrum 06-12-2011 03:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
And the fiberglass wheel pants, fuse fairings, 1-piece cowl and 7" Carbon Fiber spinner!!!

The cowl is the most detailed, most highly contoured cowl I've ever seen - absolutely gorgeous! :yes::yes::yes:

Bdegan 06-12-2011 03:55 PM

Jealous, jealous, Beyond Jelous and envious LOL

I wanted this kit so bad. But when I did the measurements. It became clear that after building it, I wouldn't be able to maneuver it out of my workshop and out of the basement. :(
But man it would have looked good sitting there though :mrgreen:

The plus side is..... It isn't far away and I can go put my grubby fingerprints on it :rolleyes:

Anxiously waiting for winter now... Not that I want it to come any faster. Heck, summer hasn't really even started yet :confused:

This is going to be wicked :twisted:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

TBrum 06-12-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdegan (Post 837891)
Jealous, jealous, Beyond Jelous and envious LOL

I wanted this kit so bad. But when I did the measurements. It became clear that after building it, I wouldn't be able to maneuver it out of my workshop and out of the basement. :(
But man it would have looked good sitting there though :mrgreen:

The plus side is..... It isn't far away and I can go put my grubby fingerprints on it :rolleyes:

Anxiously waiting for winter now... Not that I want it to come any faster. Heck, summer hasn't really even started yet :confused:

This is going to be wicked :twisted:

LOL!!!

Yep... It should be wicked when it's done, but some big challenges ahead!!

This 50% Ultimate isn't as fat as my 58% Pitts, but it's way,way longer with a massive tail and rudder!!! It's even longer than the 43% Carden's :yikes:

Should be fun!!!!

T

FLYINCHASE 06-12-2011 05:33 PM

fall/winter build.............................who are you kidding. the way you go at it she'll be a fall/winter test flight:p:p:p:p:p

thanks
mike

TBrum 06-12-2011 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYINCHASE (Post 837939)
fall/winter build.............................who are you kidding. the way you go at it she'll be a fall/winter test flight:p:p:p:p:p

thanks
mike

LOL!!!! :p:p:p:p

After the 35% Extra for Wingburner, I have a partially completed 43% Extra 300 to finish for a fall maiden and about 4 other little projects, so I can't see starting this until October :( :(
Then again, plans have been known to change!!!!!

Trev