RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   3B -- Dalton 35% Extra 260 Build (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=126722)

Bdegan 08-09-2011 09:22 PM

3B -- Dalton 35% Extra 260 Build

6 Attachment(s)
Took on a project to keep busy and scratch that build bug ;)

This is a 35% Dalton Extra 260 owned by Mike Milos.

I would like to take credit for what has been done so far. But I can not.
This kit was started by another, but then came to a stop.

Through Trevor, the continuation of this kit came to my work bench :)

The Dalton construction is quite different from Carden. Dalton fuselage uses a light ply skeleton with stringers. The sides are sheeted with balsa. The bottom of the fuselage is wood stringers compared to sheeted foam like a Carden.
The turtle deck is sheeted foam.

Like Carden, the Dalton wings, stabs and rudder are sheeted foam.

Should be fun :D

Here are a few photos of what is done so far.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Bdegan 08-09-2011 09:38 PM

Re: 3B -- Dalton 35% Extra 260 Build

8 Attachment(s)
Some more parts.
Cowl, cuffs, wheel pants etc. Also the foam cores for the stabs and wings

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

TBrum 08-09-2011 09:48 PM

Awesome Brad!! I'm glad you're doing a build thread on this Dalton!! :TU::TU:

Lots of pictures please buddy!!!! :yes::yes::yes:

Good luck!!

T

Bdegan 08-09-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBrum (Post 854544)
Awesome Brad!! I'm glad you're doing a build thread on this Dalton!! :TU::TU:

Lots of pictures please buddy!!!! :yes::yes::yes:

Good luck!!

T

Thanks Trevor :D

I have more pictures, But I will need to use the other computer in the house.
Uploading the photos to resize them for RCC is a pain, because this.. my work laptop won't allow me to install any software for picture esizing GRRRRR !! LOL

TBrum 08-09-2011 10:03 PM

I'm really excited to study this thread, because there's always little things we can use from all the companies to build better planes!!

T

Bdegan 08-09-2011 10:09 PM

Agreed

The Dalton has some cool features that I like. And the Cardens have some nice features that the Dalton doesn't.

It would be cool to take all the best features from a few different companies to make a really nice builders kit.

TBrum 08-09-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdegan (Post 854555)
Agreed

The Dalton has some cool features that I like. And the Cardens have some nice features that the Dalton doesn't.

It would be cool to take all the best features from a few different companies to make a really nice builders kit.

Yeppers!!!:wink::wink:

wingburner 08-10-2011 09:19 AM

Nice..you guys are an ambitious bunch.:)

I had a 42% Dalton 260 and it was fantastic. I've heard the 35% is a bit smaller than the Carden. Any truth to that Brad?

bigguy 08-10-2011 10:14 AM

Subscribed. I loved my 35% Dalton 260! I know own the 42%. Looking forward too seeing this build!

Tyler P 08-10-2011 12:17 PM

The ws is the same, I think, but the fuse is more slender and lower profiled than the Carden. Dave Rees and Tom Hastie both had one. Dave sold his recently, Tom still has his.

Great flying planes!

I'm jealous! I want to build a Dalton airframe of some sort too! I want to do the former and stringer build to add to my repetoire. Hopefully someone will want a big Dalton Yak to be built and I can get my hands on one!;)