RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Spectacular RC Jet Crash (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=63785)

jonuck 03-16-2007 08:40 PM

Spectacular RC Jet Crash

You can understand the need for efficient fire suppression equipment at flying fields today..................................... :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENcIZVx-o9c

cassat 03-16-2007 08:53 PM

Yes, this one has been on Youtube for a few months. This time , I noticed the flutter a lot more and how dry the underbrush was at the time.

Cassat

Guest 03-17-2007 12:12 PM

That was Alan's Gripen (from NJ) he in his haste to get it flown didn't securely mount the elevon servo's. They were CA'd into place :(
You can see the servo's coming out of the wings, then the wings flutter and then the fin. Happened 2 or 3 years ago now I think.

jonuck 03-17-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGM Guitars
That was Alan's Gripen (from NJ) he in his haste to get it flown didn't securely mount the elevon servo's. They were CA'd into place :(
You can see the servo's coming out of the wings, then the wings flutter and then the fin. Happened 2 or 3 years ago now I think.

Oh .. thats Ok then ... if this incident had of resulted in a Catastrophic finale the Insurance Company would have understood. Maybe it's time to build in some accountability into the Building/Operation of what are called 'Model Aeroplanes" today. Anybody who has experience with the Aircraft Maintenence Industry or has been subject to a Board of Inquiry regarding an Aircraft Crash will understand. "Who signed for What and When"............................................. .............. :roll:

OverTemp 03-17-2007 01:12 PM

So what... we need to be AMEs now to fly???

Guest 03-17-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonuck
Quote:

Originally Posted by LGM Guitars

Oh .. thats Ok then ... if this incident had of resulted in a Catastrophic finale the Insurance Company would have understood. Maybe it's time to build in some accountability into the Building/Operation of what are called 'Model Aeroplanes" today. Anybody who has experience with the Aircraft Maintenence Industry or has been subject to a Board of Inquiry regarding an Aircraft Crash will understand. "Who signed for What and When"............................................. .............. :roll:

What's got your panties in a knot? All I was doing was giving some info about the crash, I never said that it was ok or implied such. In fact, quite the opposite, I said straight out that in his haste to get it flown he didn't mount the elevon servo's securely, that to me would say he screwed up wouldn't it? I wasn't defending anyone. geez.........

beanfield 03-17-2007 06:28 PM

CABIN FEAVER

Hope the weather breaks soon.

Guest 03-17-2007 06:33 PM

Re: CABIN FEAVER

Quote:

Originally Posted by beanfield
Hope the weather breaks soon.

Lol, you got that right!

Oshawapilot 03-17-2007 07:55 PM

Am I the only one who watched that video and said to myself "I'd never fly a jet there" when I saw that treeline not far past the runway?

I flew once at a field with a treeline a few hundred feet beyond the runway and even that was enough to irk me..one failure with your depth perception and it's all over. (And it happens quite alot there I hear...)