RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Offroad RC Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   rb concepts american name for novarossi? (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=163602)

ravagerracer 04-28-2007 08:22 PM

rb concepts american name for novarossi?

i just read on a other forum that rb concepts is just an american name and model of novarossi owned and operated by novarossi as well

anyone else hear this or know of this?

imported_BLAZE 04-28-2007 08:42 PM

i dont think so. nova rossi and rb are both high-end motors but still have there differences. it might be desined by the same person. m rossi. m rossi does alot of motors like ninga and other high end motors.

Speed Metal 04-28-2007 09:07 PM

RB's are made using Novarossi molds. The engine programs are seperate and distinct but you could say that RB's are Novarossi "based". The carbs are nearly identical. They're different but same :D

regards

speed metal

Mugenman 04-28-2007 09:20 PM

They are completely different companies. RB is owned by Rody. I don't know who owns Nova Rossi. Except the last name is Rossi. Mario Rossi left Nova Rossi and designed the (Ninja,Falcon and Boss) line of engines. GRP is behind them in some form. Maybe Finance or production. RB has engines built for them by Nova Rossi to RB specs and design.

Mugenman 04-28-2007 09:23 PM

RB has a square bore and stroke mostly. Nova Rossi has a long stroke mainly. Although Nova Rossi has made the square bore and stroke engines though.

c-low74 04-28-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugenman
They are completely different companies. RB is owned by Rody. I don't know who owns Nova Rossi. Except the last name is Rossi. Mario Rossi left Nova Rossi and designed the (Ninja,Falcon and Boss) line of engines. GRP is behind them in some form. Maybe Finance or production. RB has engines built for them by Nova Rossi to RB specs and design.

right on the money:)

cyclop 04-29-2007 07:52 AM

Well doesnt SH also make a handfull of other engine and just rebadge them ?
i know its not the same businesses as in the thread but same principle

Speed Metal 04-29-2007 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyclop
Well doesnt SH also make a handfull of other engine and just rebadge them ?
i know its not the same businesses as in the thread but same principle

Indeed they do. They make the Losi, XTM, and Sportwerks big block engines. I think they're also responsible for the LRP big blocks.

regards

speed metal

PeanutButterJellyTime 04-29-2007 08:34 AM

Also RB's are made in France and Novarossi's are made in Italy, if that helps

Mugenman 04-29-2007 06:09 PM

RB and Nova Rossi are both great engines. As are the Ninja,Falcon and Boss. There is a Mario Rossi tuned edition of the 3 above coming out as well.