RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Scale Aerobatics (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Northern Alberta Scale Aerobatic Challenge (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=64272)

crhammond 04-02-2007 04:41 PM

Northern Alberta Scale Aerobatic Challenge

Folks,

The Meridian Model Flyers in Stony Plain Alberta are hosting a MAAC Scale Aerobatics/IMAC event on September 8th and 9th.

The club website is here: http://www.meridianmodelflyers.com - there is a link to the contest site from there.

The flyer is on the contest site as well as tons of usefull links. We have great sponsor support.

The contest counts for IMAC NW region points.

I have also been working on lots of IMAC videos in the simulator - to help people learn the sequences and how to judge. I would very much appreciate any feedback more experienced flyers have on the judging. Once the snow actually goes away here I will record live ones as well.

Many tanks to Russ Hillman in Kelowna for his help - and J Bruce Hanley in the US. I will be out in Kelowna supporting their event as well. Due to that and due to my CD'ing this event I won't be at the nats in TO... but next year... I WILL - wherever they are!

Hey Calgary guys - there are tons of you flying big planes - we need another contest!

scaleguy 04-02-2007 05:12 PM

Way to go!

Looks like SA/IMAC is getting a healthy growth spurt out west, good to see.

Are there links to the videos on your website so that we might be able to "judge" them. :D :D

There are some good videos on Flying Giants of Basic and Sportsman, check them out.

hillmanr2 04-02-2007 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scaleguy
Way to go!

Looks like SA/IMAC is geatting a healthy groth spurt out west, good to see.

I told you eastern guys to start shakin in your boot! :lol: :lol:

crhammond 04-03-2007 12:22 AM

Jim - everything is one the site. Just in case, here is the direct link:
http://68.151.33.14/CRHAMMOND/MMF%20contest.aspx

All the videos off the net are there - as are mine... (look to the bottom left)

Feel free to provide feedback :) I can take it. I have only been flying 18 months now - so I need the help! Also I think these are judged wrong - i.e. far to easy. So help me out, that would be great.

I have never seen sequences flown for real other than one Pattern contest last year. I have no idea what they look like in real life. Some guys have tried to fly them locally but honestly they looked like hell compared to the Pattern guys...

I got to fly on wheels last Friday for the first time since October. The sequences I flew were better than the sim ones... and the plane was new and untrimmed. So I hope to do okay - in addition to CD'ing a really great event.

I was going to fly Sportsman but now I am leaning to Intermediate. I may score worse but it is a lot more fun/challenging. Not that sportsman isn't ...

The main goal for the contest this year is to generate interest and help get everyone excited.

Randy Brown 04-03-2007 07:30 AM

I just bought a extra 649 ticket over this one.. 38mil and I am renting a jet to bring all of us from Ontario to show you who going to shake the most :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillmanr2
Quote:

Originally Posted by scaleguy
Way to go!

Looks like SA/IMAC is geatting a healthy groth spurt out west, good to see.

I told you eastern guys to start shakin in your boot! :lol: :lol:

Dave Dietrich 04-06-2007 11:01 PM

Hi Chris, awesome looking flier for the event. It is great to see IMAC starting to take off in the west. It is a lot of work putting on a contest but it is a lot of fun also. It is too bad you wont be able to make it to the Canadian Nationals this year but look forward to flying with you at them next year and possibly maybe out west in the future.

If you plan it they will come......

Dave.

Bryan Mailloux 04-09-2007 01:55 PM

imac

Very good info about imac and trimming breakdown.

hillmanr2 04-10-2007 09:29 PM

hmmmm, I know there are a lot of guys in Alberta who should fly in this, lets here some confromations boys, ahem Green@3d, Mannyh, wingburner, cassat, shawnlh, bjon and others.
I am calling you all out to this!!!! :wink:

Sonic Boomer 04-15-2007 08:30 PM

Re: Scale Aerobatics

Hi Chris, just a note to let you know there is interest here in Saskatoon, at least from one pilot. I flew PA a few years back, even in Edmonton at the ERCS field, then took 5 yrs off due to career demands. Got started again about a year and a half ago but still don't have a lot of time for flying. What pattern equipment I had left was badly outdated and I have grown to enjoy scale aerobatics more so am re-outfitting to that end -also wanting to do some Q500 racing too. Edmonton isn't that far away , I have a brother-in-law (also R/C friendly) to stay with, so I am going to try to attend. I work with a large new homebuilder & we have a VERY busy season ahead of us - I'll have to see how it goes.
Boomer

hillmanr2 05-05-2007 09:29 PM

No response? I am driving all the way out from BC to get my a$$ haded to me by the Alberta guys or are you all yella :wink: ?