RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Car & Truck discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   lookin to go pro!!!! yuppers (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=178979)

Droid 08-26-2009 08:03 PM

lookin to go pro!!!! yuppers

Hi guys, just looking to get a racing buggy. I wanna start racing like mad. :UP:
I wanna get the best buggy and the best engine ever!!! ah yee

So I was thinking between these to buggiez

The caster racing buggy or the hot bodies buggy. I really like the hot bodies buggy, it just looks like so much fun.

Anyone wanna be my pit partner????

Gump 08-26-2009 08:14 PM

You might want to think about the caster.
You're in burketon, which isn't too far from Extreme. Extreme is the distributor for Caster, and will have every part you need on the wall any time you need it.
Theres also a new Caster team racing in southern ontario, which means trackside support for anyone who races one.

Stalker 08-26-2009 10:32 PM

Between the two that you listed I would go with the Caster for sure, as mentioned above WAY easier to get parts for locally (well more stocked anyways) and there is a much bigger presence for Caster racing so you will have more help that way too!

hyper7boy 08-27-2009 04:17 PM

Seeing as I have only tested the Caster buggy for a short time, and still not sure if it was the lastest version, I would go with the Hot Bodies D8. Since I've started running it, my results have improved dramatically. I understand that parts arent at your fingertips when you walk into your local hobby store but I'm sure anyone who deals HPI Racing (which is almost everyone) is more than capable to get Hot Bodies products seeing as Hotbodies is a part of HPI Racing. I'm not sure sure if you have that luxury with the Caster, to be able to order at almost any store. I know one hobby shop that stocks their parts but am not aware of any others that can get Caster products. Also, if you dont mind paying a little bit for shipping, www.hotbodiesonline.com has a great online store that allows you to order parts anytime and have them shipped out and to your door in a timely manner. Another plus with Hotbodies is the new HB Ve8 which is their electric model if you ever decide to go green. I think you will be happy with both buggies, so now you just have to decide which is more practicle for you as far as parts go. I may also include that I am at the track most weekends, gladly willing to assist you with any questions or concerns you have about Hotbodies and their products.

skidoos 08-27-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyper7boy (Post 242724)
Seeing as I have only tested the Caster buggy for a short time, and still not sure if it was the lastest version, I would go with the Hot Bodies D8. Since I've started running it, my results have improved dramatically. I understand that parts arent at your fingertips when you walk into your local hobby store but I'm sure anyone who deals HPI Racing (which is almost everyone) is more than capable to get Hot Bodies products seeing as Hotbodies is a part of HPI Racing. I'm not sure sure if you have that luxury with the Caster, to be able to order at almost any store. I know one hobby shop that stocks their parts but am not aware of any others that can get Caster products. Also, if you dont mind paying a little bit for shipping, www.hotbodiesonline.com has a great online store that allows you to order parts anytime and have them shipped out and to your door in a timely manner. Another plus with Hotbodies is the new HB Ve8 which is their electric model if you ever decide to go green. I think you will be happy with both buggies, so now you just have to decide which is more practicle for you as far as parts go. I may also include that I am at the track most weekends, gladly willing to assist you with any questions or concerns you have about Hotbodies and their products.

yeh yeh mike u running better bc u have justin beside ya hahaha see u sunday

Guest 08-27-2009 06:24 PM

If you are thinking of going Hot Bodies i would be more than happier to let you drive mine, and the shipping issues have been dealt with. Now you can get them shipped through usps and it takes about 2 days to your door. And yes The new Hot Bodies Ve8 is an amazing car it will be out the end of sept.

There is alot of new hop-ups for the D8,D8T and the Ve8 coming out in the next few weeks that will give all them some more of the bling factor!

see you at Hardcore this sunday

Mac 08-27-2009 08:47 PM

You really can not go wrong with any car right now they are all so good!

imported_xxfile 08-28-2009 07:46 AM

aas always what your local hobby shop stocks parts for is always a good bet...
however i would wait till spring as the new models are always out then and i have bought in the fall and was disappointed when a totally new model arrived for the start of the season in the spring...

imported_BBFBCAP 08-29-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxfile (Post 242748)
aas always what your local hobby shop stocks parts for is always a good bet...
however i would wait till spring as the new models are always out then and i have bought in the fall and was disappointed when a totally new model arrived for the start of the season in the spring...

...but for 30% - 50% more money! LOL... I get your point and agree with you bud, but the deals are here and now. Because of the 'hype', new models ALWAYS fetch top dollar. If your on a budget at all, then now's the time. If money's no object, then wait until the spring.

imported_xxfile 08-30-2009 12:08 PM

I was a victim of the losi NXT switch to XXXNT so it was a BIG change for me
but ya sometimes its a little upgrade for big $ and sometimes a BIG change.
roll the Dice. spin the wheel hope for the best