RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=32768)

Guest 10-21-2002 09:31 AM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look everyone can we just stop all this about the Worlds. Look carefully at the direction we are going. I know most of you and I know for a fact that if we were at the field flying none f this annomosity and confrontation would even come up. Rammer you listen up this is not the Manitoba site look through the previous posts and most are telling Kenair to take it back to the Manitoba site. Rammer we are personal friends as are some on this site so I ask you please take a deep breath and relax.

To everyone I was part of the committee that put on the Worlds. I invested 2 yrs plus in the planning and spent 14 days running the volunteers. Lets all wait to see the final reports. A few points to consider that may put things into perspective as to the rumours and speculation.

I was the one who really pushed to have the Worlds Committee included in the same clause that the board and the executive have that of the "Hold Harmless" agreement between MAAC and its recognized officers. As it stood anyone who VOLUNTEERED could at the time be held financialy responcible for any losses incurred over and above the seed money given by MAAC. The hold harmless agreement basicly states that if MAAC approves the event or undertaking that they will cover any loses incured. Barring criminal intent or actions on the part of the committee's MAAC is finantally responcible for any loss plain an simple. My reasoning was simple I could not in any way shape or form risk tying my personal finances to something I was Volunteering to help organize.

I was at the AGM when this was brought forward and was tabled and at that time it only included the Worlds Committee. It was ammended to include every committee providing they were APPROVED by MAAC. It passed unanomously.

Consider this at this point isnt it obvious to everyone at the AGM that there is a very real possibility that if the committee are asking for this the potential for a substantial loss is there.

Understand that a year prior to this a bid by our Country to host this thing had been accepted. Everyone at the AGM knew two things for certain. One MAAC would look like idiots if at this late date we were to cancel out. Most likely there would have been no World Championships as it is very unlikely that anyone would take them on with only 1 yr to plan and organize it. Second all members of the Committee were going to resign if there was even a remote chance of us being held personally responcible for any incurred loss.

MAAC voted to have the Hold Harmless agreement include ALL approved committees.

MAAC endorsed the World Committee to put on this event period.

MAAC allocates seed money to put on events such as this and the NATS and other events. Seed money is used to start up help run the event and if possible to be returned to MAAC in the case there is money left after all the bills are paid. The seed money I believe was substantial and if that were to be subtracted from what ever the over run is how does that effect the overall picture.

Kenair and his opinions are like a cancer when he had done all he could to get people at each others throats on the Manitoba site, he comes here to start the same thing as he has done at every forum he could find. I was hopping that this site would not fall victim to the same as the Manitoba site. Unfortunatly by the numbers of posts and the tone of the posts we in that way are headed. How can we avoid this one might ask. Contact the Administrator. Jason can we end input to these posts and maybe make referance that if one wishes to get invloved in these topics the proper place would be the Manitoba site not here. I don't know what else to suggest.

Dennis Pratt

PS sorry about posting this to all the threads but I did not want to miss anyone.