RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Transportation services!!! (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=289729)

Warbird_ace 11-04-2014 09:13 AM

Transportation services!!!

125 Attachment(s)
Just tossing an idea out there........
I've been seeing many a post regarding pick ups "if the seller was close", or "shipping extremely expensive".
I routinely (at least once a week) commute from Barrie to Simcoe area. If anyone is interested in buying/selling items and want to save costs on shipping, give me a holler, I will gladly toss (gently) your delivery item in the car and relocate it to your seller/buyer for a nominal fee. My route includes the 400 series hwy's from Barrie to Hamilton, hwy 6, Hwy 3.
Depending on my work pattern, deviations from the route may be viable.
Hopefully my extreme commute can benefit someone out there!

OK new run list here, by province.

Ontario
-------------------
Warbird_ace: Barrie - Simcoe

Riptide44 11-04-2014 11:31 AM

Re: Transportation services!!!

what a novel idea...maybe more people will post if they do any commuting in any area of Canada,,,,this would network well for all transactions, for the rc community.....it could move rc related items across Canada,,,,wow if truck drivers got involved it would give them extra spending coin,,,for any new project they might have.........cheers to you, adam

Warbird_ace 11-04-2014 11:56 AM

125 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the kind words Ron. With Christmas coming up, I'm sure things will need to be moved eventually, and with shipping charges the way they are, saving money is a priority!
Is there any way to get a sticky placed in the classifieds so people can see this at the top of the listings?

Dave Holmes 11-04-2014 11:11 PM

It works! A few years ago a situation cropped up where a modeller in my area wanted to trade a power tool for a plane west of Toronto. I happened to be going that way, and given that I was known to both modellers, it was easy to co-ordinate. They were both very grateful, I did not go out of my way by as much as a pace, and each got what they wanted. Felt good!

fasterpussycat 11-05-2014 04:57 AM

113 Attachment(s)
good plan

Cougar429 11-05-2014 05:20 AM

Anyone heading to Denver, CO? Just kidding:r_c:.

Checked the cost of shipping a plane there earlier in the week, and due to the limited options and estimates the sale fell through. Understand if the person interested wanted to keep both kidneys and corneas.

Think it's a great idea. Although we don't travel for work as much as before, now we have the van moving craft and equipment for friends has been much easier.

RC_MAN 11-05-2014 06:13 AM

So what happens if the airplane gets damaged or is totalled in a car accident?

mwavesdave 11-05-2014 06:21 AM

Think that's called pure dumb bad luck. Anyone who would go after someone volunteering to transport an aircraft, who has an accident, not cool. Caveat Emptor as always, talk to the guy ahead of time, make sure the cargo will safely fit in the vehicle, and stay secure, obviously.

I think that RC Canada could open a dedicated spot for volunteer transport, not for profit. If the parties agree privately on some monetary compensation, that's their business. My thoughts anyways.

Skidoo55 11-05-2014 08:16 AM

If it was a car accident, we would hope that the driver is not injured, and tough luck on the plane.

sjd2 11-05-2014 08:34 AM

Kinda think we're loosing sight of the proposition here. This gentleman is doing a favour or offering a "favour" here. If you're going to end up analyzing the "what ifs"? and "what abouts"?, then pay the shipping or forget about the deal?...If it's such a big concern?, Maybe there could be an RCC page with guys who are driving "somewhere" at "sometime"? Personally, I'm driving to Niagara Falls New York on Friday, to pick up a motor that I had delivered to CBL, from a U.S. seller on eBay. If there was an RCC page for this? and I could post my itinerary?, I'd probably consider hauling something for someone?....Just my thoughts....