RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   MAAC tuns down new field? (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=74288)

Arceenut 04-10-2008 02:09 PM

MAAC tuns down new field?

Can anyone verify the fact in this case? The issue seems to be that a club wanted to open a new field inside the 4Km limit of another club with the limitation that ONLY 2.4Ghz radios would be used. Why did MAAC turn down the field? This seem to be an ideal aid to finding a new field??

Randy Brown 04-10-2008 03:49 PM

Get ahold of you zone Dir and ask

I no why..and I back maac 100% on it

voyager_663rd 04-10-2008 04:14 PM

There was already a "generalized" post about this exact same issue.

Guest 04-10-2008 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voyager_663rd
There was already a "generalized" post about this exact same issue.

Could someone enlighten the rest of us as to what this is all about? I'm not questioning MAAC or anyone else, just wondering what is going on?

Dig it 04-10-2008 05:49 PM

Basically, the general post touched on people's thoughts on having a 2.4 Ghz only field within 4 or 5 miles of a 72Mhz field.
The main problem seemed to be how do you enforce the 2.4 rule and 100% guarantee no 72mhz fliers at the one field.
Some think its viable, some don't. You can't guarantee the enforcement as far as I'm concerned.
If MAAC took the same stance I have then that would be what its about and I applaud them for it.

Dale

voyager_663rd 04-10-2008 05:54 PM

https://www.rccanada.ca/bb/viewtopic....062&highlight=

Guest 04-10-2008 06:02 PM

After reading the other thread, I'd have to side with MAAC on this one myself, and it might be bad of me to do so because I have no idea where the field it is and for all I know it could affect me :P but I still fly 72mhz and don't particularly want to change anytime soon due to cost reasons. I would hate for somebody to not be policing the 2.4 field and get shot down because somebody decided to fly on my frequency.
Just my 2 cents.

Gary Maker 04-10-2008 06:18 PM

Re: MAAC tuns down new field?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arceenut
Can anyone verify the fact in this case? The issue seems to be that a club wanted to open a new field inside the 4Km limit of another club with the limitation that ONLY 2.4Ghz radios would be used. Why did MAAC turn down the field? This seem to be an ideal aid to finding a new field??

I think you must look at this situation from both perspectives!

If your group were the ones wanting the new field, then of course, you'd be all for it.

However, if you and your club were the ones having to make the decision as to another group building a field only 2 miles away, you may have a totally different view of the matter, as to such things as to how you could be assured no one would use 72 MHz radios that close. And how indeed could it possibly be inforced?

72 MHz is not absolete yet and they will still be around for some time to come. All it would take is one mishap and both clubs could possibly lose their flying fields. Personally, even though I now use a 2.4 GHz radio system, and wouldn't be affected either way, its still at this point in time, too risky to allow such a situation to exhist!

SAFETY FIRST and ALWAYS!!

Randy Brown 04-10-2008 07:39 PM

its 4k not 4 to 5miles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dig it
Basically, the general post touched on people's thoughts on having a 2.4 Ghz only field within 4 or 5 miles of a 72Mhz field.
The main problem seemed to be how do you enforce the 2.4 rule and 100% guarantee no 72mhz fliers at the one field.
Some think its viable, some don't. You can't guarantee the enforcement as far as I'm concerned.
If MAAC took the same stance I have then that would be what its about and I applaud them for it.

Dale

MRLEE 04-10-2008 07:48 PM

I too have to side with maac on their decision, all it would take is one bad apple to ruin it for everyone. Enforcement is a problem now with our current safety rules for clubs. To put a 2.4 ghz field near another regular field could have un-welcome results. I realize some people want to fly at a field that is close to them even thou that club may be full. But to start a 2.4 ghz field is a bit hasty when more time should be taken to study the 2.4 ghz technology in regards to how it could affect our planes that are in the air.