RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Car & Truck discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   glorcs track announcement for 2010 (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=180258)

thrash metal 02-03-2010 04:32 AM

glorcs track announcement for 2010

any word on which track are going to be awarded the glorcs races for the 2010 season?

everyone knows hardcore is hosting glorcs race #3 in august.

i posted a thread on the glorcs site inquiring about this last week and was told by fozy that they would announce in a day or so. still no word.

REDNECK7 02-03-2010 05:00 AM

It is posted on London RC. :DOWN:

John Bakker 02-03-2010 05:27 AM

The details have been posted on GLORCS website

Guest 02-03-2010 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chewy (Post 249306)
The details have been posted on GLORCS website

Hello Chewy, where can I find the details on the glorcs web?

Abiye 02-03-2010 09:07 AM

This is copied from announcement page...

GLORCS 2010 SUMMARY
This season will be slightly shorter than last. We had planned to do 4 races and a fundraiser but I have received numerous requests from racers who heard about this and hence we will be running 5 points races for 2010. THERE WILL BE NO MINIMUM NUMBER OF RACES TO RUN AS THERE HAS BEEN IN PREVIOUS SEASONS AND NO FINAL RACE!! This season points will be calculated on the best 3 out of 5 races.

We had some intense discussion about classes for this season. For the 2010 season GLORCS will be running;
1/8 Buggy
Truggy
Open 1/8 E-Buggy
Stock Short Course Truck Class
Open Short Course Truck Class

Baja

As usual the Baja dates will be separate from the nitro dates and will be one day races. The Short Course Classes will also be one day events and will be run on the Saturday of the nitro races, the same as last season. It is with mixed feelings that we are going to drop monster truck for this season. I have always been a big advocate of the monster truck class but the numbers have been continuing to decline and the time has come to try something new.

E-Buggy, is going to be an exciting class and I am confident that this class will be one that will grow quickly. We are going to be running this as an open class and there will be no restriction of batteries or cases. This was a hot debate but I believe the right decision was made.

A couple of behind the scenes changes will be made to make things a little easier. We will be running the entire season on one computer which will stream line the registration process and hopefully make things easier at the track. In a perfect world you will pre register and simple have to check in when you get there.

The schedule has been out for some time and I know people have been anxious to get the venues for this season. We did have problems with venues and trying to set dates that didn't conflict with other events at those venues. With more tracks being located at mutli use facilities scheduling is getting to be more of a challenge.

The dates and venues for this year are as follows;

June 11-13 FTR
July 9 -11 Hardwood RC
Aug 13 -15 Hardcore RC
Sept 10 -12 FX Hobby (Quebec)
Sept 25 - 26 Glenwood RC
Awards Banquet TBA

Baja

May 29 - Juiced RC (Keswick)
June 26 - The Barn Yard (Tavistock)
July 24 - Juiced RC (Keswick)
August 21 - The Barn Yard (Tavistock)

We are excited to welcome a new track to our line up for this year. FX Hobby in Quebec has been pursuing a GLORCS race for a while and we are pleased to be able to bring the GLORCS tour back to QUEBEC. We still have some updates to come for the GLORCS website and are waiting for information from a couple of the tracks in regards to accommodation and such.

This should be enough to address many of the questions people have been asking. I will be releasing a new news letter in the near future which will go into more detail about what to expect this season. Keep an eye on the GLORCS website as we will be posting more information there first.

imported_BBFBCAP 02-03-2010 10:27 AM

Gonna' be an awesome summer of racing this year!!! I'm looking forward to the Quebec race too. AWESOME!!! :UP:

endler 02-03-2010 01:09 PM

WOW Awesome season!!! No Race at Action either.... You would have thaught we would have been a "shoe in" with venue that we have... But then again it doesnt surprise me... Someone told me from Action that apparently an email was sent ( a phantom email ) lol... musta went under the radar.... Rob Say, Myself or Franzooli arent that hard to find to relay a message or pm... You think maybe a phone call or a message on the machine at the shop... There is a machine... After all we have been a consistant track since 2005 why add us in the series now?? It just wouldnt make scence?? I talk with Keven and Chewy all the time and they made no mention of this? Maybe they didnt know either!! LOL too much!

That is awesome to add a race in Quebec though I always enjoy a race up there..

Guest 02-03-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endler (Post 249326)
WOW Awesome season!!! No Race at Action either.... You would have thaught we would have been a "shoe in" with venue that we have... But then again it doesnt surprise me... Someone told me from Action that apparently an email was sent ( a phantom email ) lol... musta went under the radar.... Rob Say, Myself or Franzooli arent that hard to find to relay a message or pm... You think maybe a phone call or a message on the machine at the shop... There is a machine... After all we have been a consistant track since 2005 why add us in the series now?? It just wouldnt make scence?? I talk with Keven and Chewy all the time and they made no mention of this? Maybe they didnt know either!! LOL too much!

Action does have a very nice facility Action and Hardcore are probably the best in Canada, maybe next year..........

John Bakker 02-03-2010 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endler (Post 249326)

I have been in the dark all season .I never know whats going on.And to boot the Full throttle race is on the same weekend as Rc pro at Action hobbies (things that make you go hhhmmm).Oh well ... I will honor the race that had there schedule up first.

endler 02-03-2010 03:34 PM

well here is Fozys post from London RC....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick, the info about the annual meeting was emailed prior to the meeting at Glenwood. No one was sent to represent Action at the meeting. I left not one but two messages at the shop. I'm not a baby sitter and I'm not chasing people. Every year tracks are required to submit registration, every year. None of the other tracks got any more notification than Action and they all managed to get info in on time. I have no agenda here and no reason to want Action to not get a race, I think it is a great facility. You want to blame someone for not getting a race I suggest you look elsewhere. End of discussion