RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Events (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Toledo 2011 (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=120488)

sorkai 04-03-2011 07:51 AM

Toledo 2011

Went to the Toledo RC Show Friday-
Want to see a few pictures ?:
http://jalbum.net/browse/user/album/940098/
Nothing new and spectacular- entries on the competition table was away down
must be the bad economy.

Cougar429 04-03-2011 08:20 AM

Re: Toledo 2011

3 Attachment(s)
I did get most of the desperately needed items to finish the projects on the table or in queu, but I found the lack of deals a bit disappointing.

Also had to settle for 10% Brew as the 15 sold out very early:TD:.

However, one of the most interesting sights during the show occurred outside the hall while we sat down for lunch. A car was sitting at the light and I frantically grabbed my camera to take a few shots. Sorry for the effect the window screening had on the details, the light changed and he left before I could head outside........And yes, that is an Easter Island statue on the roof and Tiki torches added for atmosphere.

p.s. Honestly did not think there would be any surviving late 70's Fairmonts around. At least that's what that rear side window suggests.....Oh Crap, showing my age again....

williame3590 04-03-2011 08:28 AM

Wow that car is cool, I have to get me one of those;)

Bill

Guest 04-03-2011 12:15 PM

That JetCat powered bipe is amazing!!!

johnnyg 04-03-2011 01:19 PM

Hey I saw that car too.....
I did the show on Sunday, just left!
First time on a sunday, no swap meet
but really enjoyed the show, there was
hardly anyone there, and was able to talk
the venders....
John

voyager_663rd 04-03-2011 01:56 PM

Only been there once and that was because it was the "in" thing to see and do.

Even then, the deals were not that great. I found that online pricing was as good if not better than what I found there.

One thing I did get was a skyshark kit. And that was primarily because they wouldn't ship to Canada (for reasons I won't go into). Plus the fact they were a great kit mfg who made planes that were not run of the mill 'stangs or spits.

plowboy 04-03-2011 02:38 PM

YUP,==== I went to Toledo with Kai and a few of the other club members on Friday,We arrived at 8:45 and some of the models were already going to a new home. I found the swap shop was not as good as usual, as there were not as many venders. and what they had was only a bargin because it was there and available NOW. As far as celection,there were a few nice models, but with the economy the way it is, I guess that is the reason for the poor turnout on the upper deck.
The downstairs had a few extreemly good models, and the one that Greame Meirs had was a fantastic show of patients and building know how and excellence. I know from my seat, I can only think about building in that catagory. There were other models with a finish that is to be desired , and some of the military planes were also great.
All in all, I think it is an event that you should go to see about evey second year as that way you will see all the new stuff that you have been reading about.
I will say though, that if the/your club members got together and ordered your fuel down there, it would be a great saving. When we were picking up our fuel at $12. to $15. a gallon, some of the U.S. clubs were picking it up at 15 to 20 cases at a time for there club use. it is a good savings.......

Enough of this, let someone else talk about their tme................ Al

Kevin McGrath 04-04-2011 09:36 AM

Any comments on the MAAC booth?

SpaceCowboy 04-04-2011 11:22 AM

Thanks for the pictures guys.

That car must belong top Wal Mart shopper. ;-)

Cougar429 04-04-2011 11:36 AM

I didn't get the chance to see any Cammo Spandex, so can't confirm.