RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Just Can't Stop...... (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=137276)

pianodude 03-12-2012 08:03 PM

Just Can't Stop......

Almost made it through the winter without building anything (I just don't have the room). "Assembled" several Arf's in the last few months, but they kinda made me feel like one night stands..... was fun, but didn't last long and left me unfulfilled. Anyway, bought a Sig Astro Hog kit yesterday and started it tonight. Opened the kit and just took it all in; the smell of fresh balsa and the look of fresh plans. Ahhh!.......Don't plan on flying it this year as I have ten planes ready to go.. Cheers, John

dean2287 03-12-2012 08:39 PM

Re: Just Can't Stop......

Cool John, I hope you're going to post a few pics of the build, I do enjoy seeing your process and your skills. I really want to get another build going also, either a Hog Bipe, Goldberg Ultimate, or Sterling P-17 if I can get my hands on one. Probably won't start until next winter though.

chuebner 03-12-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean2287 (Post 927038)
Cool John, I hope you're going to post a few pics of the build, I do enjoy seeing your process and your skills. I really want to get another build going also, either a Hog Bipe, Goldberg Ultimate, or Sterling P-17 if I can get my hands on one. Probably won't start until next winter though.

Do a Hog Bipe Dean.....easy builder and a great flying plane to boot. In stock at Great Hobbies.

I need to get back to kit building, been away from it for too long....a very enjoyable passtime.

I get like John....I get everything caught up, repaired and built and start looking for something else right away. Just can't ever be sitting still in the RC shop!!:smile:

williame3590 03-12-2012 09:19 PM

What have you got ready to go John.....list and photos please.:)

Bill

pianodude 03-12-2012 10:18 PM

Hey, Bill. My son reworked my computer so I can't post pics, but ready to go are:
Great Planes Lear Jet with West 50 up front with retract (not maidened yet)
Sig Kavalier (old standby)
Great Planes Phoenix 7 with Evolution 60 with pipe (not maidened yet)
Great Planes Shoestring with OS 55AX (not maidened yet)
Hangar 9 Twin Otter with two TT 36 Pro's (not maidened yet)
Screamin' Demon Hi speed delta
Great Planes P47 Combat
Several Coroplast Combat
Goldberg Skylark
All are flight ready. Hope to beat my record of 45 jugs this year!