RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Car & Truck discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Big Time Prizes At This Years Race!!! (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=151407)

Mac 07-25-2005 02:17 PM

Big Time Prizes At This Years Race!!!

According to the Poll most people prefer to take home prizes over trophies so this year the prizes at the 6th Annual Sprucewood Invitational so far look like this:

1/8 Scale + Monster Truck

A-Main
1st place - Generator

B-Main
1st Place - Generator

C-Main
1st place - Generator

D-Main
1st Place - Generator

These are brand new generators and they retail for $1,000 each!! There are a total of 8 up for grabs. Thank you to Sprucewood Leasing and Alta Nissan for donating some money towards these prizes!!

As far as the bump-up if you prefer not to bump up and take the win in your class to take the prize the 2nd place finisher will have the option to bump-up!

This will hopefuly get more new racers to come out!

More prizes are to follow!

The 2 Thunder Tiger S3 will be a lucky draw prize!

Abiye 07-25-2005 02:57 PM

NICE... those are some awesome prizes

imported_Sledder 07-25-2005 03:26 PM

You da man Dave !!! Nice job

ayk_driver 07-25-2005 05:57 PM

oooo sounds like good prizes.... got a model number??? i wanna know EXACTLY what im getting after my A-Main MT win.....

oooooooo yes let the smack begin :D

imported_VEN 07-25-2005 06:08 PM

I won't even bother joining the race....my car spontaneously breaks too much and plus its not that competitive...very nice prizes though

CRUSHER 07-25-2005 06:54 PM

Great prizes!!!!

Mac 07-25-2005 06:56 PM

Hey VEN,

I think you are making a big mistake not making the race because you feel like you will not be competitive. The whole weekend is not about winning if that were the case only Dave Henry need show up. It is all about having a great time with others that share the same passion of RC cars. I find with all the racers showing up you learn so much. In fact you may be able to get some good advice on getting your car more reliable, as there is no reason for it! Come on out you will not regret it. The burgers alone are worth it!

ayk_driver 07-25-2005 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac
Hey VEN,

I think you are making a big mistake not making the race because you feel like you will not be competitive. The whole weekend is not about winning if that were the case only Dave Henry need show up. It is all about having a great time with others that share the same passion of RC cars. I find with all the racers showing up you learn so much. In fact you may be able to get some good advice on getting your car more reliable, as there is no reason for it! Come on out you will not regret it. The burgers alone are worth it!

i have to agree... even if it isnt running atleast come to watch... TONS fo fun :D

Skagen 07-25-2005 08:31 PM

you might even win an S3!

imported_VEN 07-25-2005 09:33 PM

Soo...when is this race :D August 28? I might come if i get 50 buks for registration. And money to get my car working again, I need a new spur, and some ball bearings, Also will make an extra clutch just in case i burn that one.....how much is it to practice if i'm not registered? I like to win but it doesn't mean everything to me, I went to help with the track and it looks wicked. I'm just not sure how reliable my car is, you never know when the 4 year old kyosho will snap....I was thinking about saving my pennies for a buggy too...hmm...how much fuel do i need? I have a 75cc tank