RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Heli Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Trex 450 OR Raptor Mini Titan (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=62609)

march 01-31-2007 10:22 AM

Trex 450 OR Raptor Mini Titan

Ok, I was interested in purchasing a new helicopter. I've heard the Trex is hit or miss in terms of production quality. I've seen video of the mini titan in action but think it still fairly new and not much feed back yet on it. Has anyone had experience with either of these helicopters? Which do you prefer? Why? I wanted something different yet still capable of some mild 3D.
Thanks in advance sorry for all the ?

Zimmy 01-31-2007 10:31 AM

I have both. If you by a T-rex buy the SE. Will not break easily and a crash will be minimal parts-mainshaft, spindle, blades. T-rex parts are everywhere! Flying quality the Mini Titan is better. It is very stable and a little easier to work on. They will both do any move you can throw at it, its the pilot on the sticks. Come out to an indoor event and watch some of the machines and ask questions then you can come to an educated answer. Hope this helps.

Colin 01-31-2007 10:43 AM

Hi,

Both helis are top notch, but I like the titan for a few reasons. The machine is extremely easy to work on in comparison to most mini helis. It's modular design allows for the helicopter to be disassembled/assembled very quickly. The center of gravity has been raised a fair bit on the titan with it's battery tray alone, not to mention the frames are not very tall which helps too. The belt included with the titan is extremely durable.... I've stuck the tail into the ground at full rpm numerous times and have yet to damage a belt. The titan also has a very high pitch range, which can be utilized with today's powerful motors.

Regards,

Colin

march 01-31-2007 03:08 PM

Thanks a lot guys I was leaning more towards the Titan. I think you made up my mind, thanks for all the info.
I would love to watch you guys fly indoor sometime. Are times and dates posted on the forum?

Heli3dflyr 01-31-2007 03:21 PM

If you still crash, I would consider the 'Rex... Nothing against the Titan at all, I have seen a few and they look well made- but getting parts would be PITA right now and for the next while I would imagine. 8)

march 01-31-2007 04:31 PM

I hear you. I know the Titan is still relatively new to the market. I thankfully live near a few hobby shops and have the luxury of HobbyCraft right up the street from me (they will sell to the public if your nice lol) thanks fo the input.
I think we all still crash, I'm fairly new to RC Heli's but not to crash is not to learn.

canadianshark74 01-31-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by march
but not to crash is not to learn.

amen to that

murp 01-31-2007 08:06 PM

Is anyone in Canada carrying the Mini Titan?

Zimmy 01-31-2007 08:17 PM

HobbyHobby in Streetsville, Ontario have one.

murp 02-01-2007 05:40 AM

Just one - hmm - sounds like parts support may be an issue :) 8)

It will be nice when all the major shops start carrying them so spares are easy to get - interesting looking heli though, I am definitely keeping my eye on this one.