RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Heli Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   3GX Questions (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=133357)

craneman32 12-28-2011 02:18 PM

3GX Questions

325 Attachment(s)
What I'd like to do here is try to make a list of question that i came across while setting up the 3GX on a Align 450 Pro. If there is one on RCC can someone point me to it?

If not can someone answers some questions for me.

Q: What servo type should be programmed into the transmitter?

A: CCPM 120 Swash Type is needed for 3GX.

Q: What settings do I adjust to get the cyclic pitch to 10 Degrees?

A: Swash Mix in Transmitter settings.

Q: Sub Trim or No Sub Trim to set servo arm center?

A: While in DIR Mode. Sub Trim CAN be used to center servo arm.

Q: Gyro settings in the transmitter for Head Lock and Rate Mode? INH them?

A: Use your Gyro Gain setting in your Tx as you normally would. Do not INH them.

If any of this is wrong or you would like to add to it let me know.

Thanks

mikekimc 12-28-2011 03:42 PM

Re: 3GX Questions

A: yes 120 swash type (if that's the type of swash you have!)

B: Cyclic pitch is set up through programming/Radio using a pitch gauge and right/left radio inputs

C: Yes you can use subtrim in the set up of your 3gx BUT! If you make changes after your done the initial set up you will have to go through the set up process again.

Any Trex heli with a 3GX manual will explain how the set up is done ... if you have bought just a 3GX with no manual ... just Google for a 3GX manual from any model Trex heli and it should be in there.

Hope this helps

Mike

craneman32 12-28-2011 03:46 PM

325 Attachment(s)
Lots of the terms used in the Align manual are new to me. Heck this is all new to me. lol I was getting tons of Pitch as well. Does Pitch Curve absolutely have to be linear? Is the amount of pitch adjusted in the swash mix?

mikekimc 12-28-2011 03:50 PM

what size heli are you building?

craneman32 12-28-2011 03:50 PM

325 Attachment(s)
Align 450 Pro

mikekimc 12-28-2011 03:54 PM

yes you adjust your pitch with your swash mix ... you should of receive a head block (that will screw in place of the button)and a short rod (flybar), You use a pitch gauge same as a flybar heli to set your pitch and cyclic's.

mikekimc 12-28-2011 03:57 PM

It's a very straight forward set up ... after you've done it once or twice ... if you ever owned the older 3G set up ... it's the same. Unfortunately I'm heading to work shortly ... I would be glad to help you out over Skype or on the phone.

craneman32 12-28-2011 04:06 PM

325 Attachment(s)
I think I just finished setting it up. I would like someone to check it over before testing it. I have never done any FBL setups yet thats why I was having difficulties. All good now I hope.

Yes I used the makeshift flybar rod to get my zero at mid stick.

Thanks for the help mike.

mikekimc 12-28-2011 04:38 PM

Well Steward ... basically what it does on the bench is what your going to get ... with a pitch gauge ... as long as your cyclic is set up to your liking and your collective is where you like it ... your swash is tilting opposite to you tilting the heli ... your good to go ... just go over the manual and recheck it to make sure everything is to spec ... I'd say don't worry about it ... only advise I can give you is from spool up till it leaves the ground try not to correct the heli to much as it does not like imput when sitting on the ground ... so proceed cautiously till it lifts off! Good luck and if you have problems just Private me ... I'm working night for the next 2 days but then I'm off for 5 so I could help you out over the phone if need be!

Cheers
Mike

BTW I have a Trex 450 pro V2 3GX myself and I love that lil heli :)

craneman32 12-28-2011 04:54 PM

325 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the help. I will keep it in mind. Other than adjusting the gains for drift it looks good to me.

I just thought of one more thing. Gyro settings in the transmitter? What do they need to be at?