RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   FS - Electronics (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Futaba receivers and campac (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=75212)

hs748 05-08-2008 11:38 AM

Futaba receivers and campac

Received these in a package deal, and don't need all items:

1) Used Futaba R138DP 8 channel PCM dual conversion RX. - $55 low band

2) Brand new Futaba R138DP 8 channel PCM dual conversion RX. $65 high band

4) Futaba r127DF rx. Used. Antenna has been shortened (had Deans antenna). $35 low band

No xtals included with any of the recevers.

Heli_Gal 05-08-2008 12:13 PM

Re: Futaba receivers and campac

Jarrett,
I would like to suggest if those RXs are LOW or HIGH BANDS..

voyager_663rd 05-08-2008 12:59 PM

I had a similar but unrelated discussion with Colin about hi/low. This is from the futaba site and might assist you if it is not marked on the rx:

Quote:

I have an older R127DF receiver that is not marked Hi or Low band, how can I tell which one I have?

If you will pull out your receiver crystal, look into the slot where it goes, you will see the backside of a PC board. If you see a red dot on the PC board then your receiver is High Band. No red dot? Then it is Low band.

If you have an R148DF/DP or R149DP there is a coil directly inside the crystal slot, if you will look at the coil closest to the antenna, this is where the red dot will be if you are on High band. Otherwise if there is no dot, it is again Low Band.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please explain Hi and Low band to me? I am not sure what the difference is between them.

Most of our 72MHz receivers are now tuned to the center of either a low band frequency (channel 11 to channel 35) or high band (channel 36 to channel 60).

By tuning to each band, you can easily and safely change your receiver crystal to anywhere within this high or low band range, without having to send it in to be retuned.

If you have a receiver that is not marked as to which channel it is, or if it is not marked with a sticker that says if it is High or Low, you can check inside the crystal slot to see if there is a red mark. If there is a red mark, this indicates that the receiver is High band.

hs748 05-08-2008 01:16 PM

They are all low band.
'
'J

hs748 05-08-2008 05:26 PM

"f you have a receiver that is not marked as to which channel it is, or if it is not marked with a sticker that says if it is High or Low, you can check inside the "

Just took a closer look at the rx's, and the new 138 is in fact high band

hs748 05-09-2008 09:31 AM

lower prices