RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Ski flying with a Beaver (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=85832)

Closterman 03-15-2009 04:40 PM

Ski flying with a Beaver

4 Attachment(s)
I make some ski flying today with my old Beaver !! Weather are nice and just a little wind, perfectly aligned with the small runway I have !
By chance that the Beaver was STOL !!! ;0)

Paul by the Bay 03-15-2009 05:43 PM

Re: Ski flying with a Beaver

Great photos of a sweet looking plane!

guyl 03-15-2009 06:26 PM

Beautiful job on your Beaver on skis.......It would look a lot
better if your skis would be properly rigged. You need to have
bungees ties on the back end of the ski also to keep it almost
as the same incidence of the wing while in flight...it will fly a
lot better.
On the 100% Beaver you are required to have to ties at two
different location to the fuselage for the front end of the skiis.
As for the rear end only one tie is required with just enough slack
provided to taxi over snow drifts without breaking the skiis.

Hope it helps, nice job.
Guy

Wingman 03-15-2009 07:39 PM

These shots are awesome. Great looking plane as well; wish I had one !! I guess I'll have to save my pennies. Where did you find this plane?? -love the covering!!

hifly2104 03-15-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman (Post 593075)
These shots are awesome. Great looking plane as well; wish I had one !! I guess I'll have to save my pennies. Where did you find this plane?? -love the covering!!

He probably designed and cut it himself. Check out his name . It is truely a nice plane

Dave Holmes 03-15-2009 09:10 PM

Son of a gun!

The plane in the pictures looks just like the one on his web site! Is that a coincidence, or what!;)

Great shots, beautiful plane.:TU:

Wingman 03-16-2009 12:39 AM

Hahaha!! I didn't realise he has his own website. I guess I overlooked that part. It sure would be nice to have talent like that. I checked out the website. Lots of fantastic looking planes, etc. there to admire. He is obviously a very talented guy.

hifly2104 03-16-2009 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman (Post 593172)
Hahaha!! I didn't realise he has his own website. I guess I overlooked that part. It sure would be nice to have talent like that. I checked out the website. Lots of fantastic looking planes, etc. there to admire. He is obviously a very talented guy.

He sells them too!! Not that I think that was the reason he posted He posted to show us fun in the snow

ken park 03-16-2009 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wingman (Post 593172)

They both have talent! - Tell the whole truth! - Martin's wife runs the laser cutting machine and she's very good at it!!!! I just got an order last Thursday and it was simply fantastic! Wood Quality & laser cutting 5 *****'s

PS: - You got way too much snow up there! - Good-Luck on flying your new full/scale Cher

Thanks
Ken Park

Closterman 03-16-2009 07:32 AM

Thanks for your kind word everybody ! I'm firstly a true passionate of aeromodelisme !
I start to sell my design to pay my hobby and now my wife work for me (since 3 years) while I continue to work 4 days a week for a welding shop (I'm a draftman). Friday are my day just for MR Aero ! (with most evening and week-end....).

Mi wife work on a video that we make this week-end from this ski flying session ! I will put the video on youtube and give you the link here when they work ! I put more pics on RCU too. (in the scale section).

P.S.: Guy, thanks for your comment ! I will make the modification for my next flight. I don't find any real inflight Beaver pics with ski to see the angle of the ski. But, i'm pretty sure your are right !