RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Parkzone Sukhoi 29mm and Spektrum DX7 (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=347601)

forenplayer 06-03-2015 08:59 PM

Parkzone Sukhoi 29mm and Spektrum DX7

Anyone knows how to program green Sukhoi with DX7? I've tried but doesnt work properly, not enough elevator and seems off all together, almost lost the plane, wouldn't turn.

Wizzard 06-04-2015 08:18 AM

Re: Parkzone Sukhoi 29mm and Spektrum DX7

Did you follow the setup in the manual? This plane uses "SAFE" technology so you must follow the manual for setup etc. You should end up with 3 different flight modes, all setup on one of the switches on your radio.

You will have limited surface control when the SAFE is active as it will prevent you from slamming the plane into the ground. Also make sure to NOT adjust any control surfaces with the plane sitting on the tail wheel with SAFE turned on, level the plane out first, like it would be in flight, to make any adjustments.

Or, if you have the flight modes done correctly turn off the SAFE and do the needed adjustments.

Not sure why you would attempt to fly it before confirming surface controls are all working correctly?

forenplayer 06-04-2015 09:00 AM

Do you have Sukhoi and Spektrum DX7?

astrofler 06-04-2015 10:44 AM

If you have the dx7 as opposed to the dx7s, you will only have two safe flight modes, not three. The setup is outlined in the manual. not sure which safe mode you lose with the two position switch.

if you have the dx7s and all three flight modes and things are programmed correctly, here is how the plane should react as you move it around on the ground.

Precision: elevator throw is limited and if you move plane around only slight corrections.

3D: full elevator throw and corrections when move model around.

Stagility: full elevator throw and if you hold model nose up and don't touch sticks all surfaces move around trying to get to level.

Panic: in any mode if you are holding model off level and push panic surfaces move to try to find level.

Jayrod 06-09-2015 07:29 PM

Hey I just bought a Sukhoi and use a DX9. I also read everything in the ratings section on the plane, and I know the early adopters were having the same issue you're describing because you need to reverse the panic mode switch. It'll come up and down with throttle but won't turn unless you depress/flip off the panic mode if I'm correct...honestly though, just call HH support. They're freaking bosses at what they do.