RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Giant Scale Aircraft (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Aerotech 42% Edge 540 (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=35222)

Guest 06-22-2003 11:48 AM

Aerotech 42% Edge 540

1 Attachment(s)
The Aerotech 42% Edge 540 has now the servos installed, it is covered, engine installed, what is left is the installation of the quiet mufflers, CofG andbattery location.
It is set-up for a DA150, SWB Manufacturing Rudder system will be used with 4 in line 8411s. RC City hardware used for the rest. Futaba guides it along with dual Futaba PCM receivers and matchboxes. The pilot from litepilots.com. Smoke system from slimline.

Bob Hudson 07-06-2003 06:11 AM

Have you found a builder yet?

Guest 07-06-2003 04:49 PM

Yup, sure did, sent you a PM Bob. Phil framed it up for me.

Guest 10-23-2003 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Edge is ready for covering....New pictures will be posted this weekend.

aubej 10-23-2003 09:31 PM

The DA looks tiny in that big plane!

Jason

Guest 10-23-2003 09:42 PM

Sure does....the mufflers should fit in there as well, with minimum interference...
Will post more pictures this weekend with canopy and pilot...

Claude Melbourne 10-24-2003 07:06 AM

Looking Good

The plane sure looks good. Have you decided on the servos yet. Thanks Claude. P.S. Keep the progress reports coming.

Guest 10-24-2003 08:13 AM

Yes Claude, all servos are going to be JR8411, although I fly Futaba,
however, Futaba has typically been lacking behind on servo muscle compared to JR, and Futaba does not have servos in standard size and in the 150 oz-inch range.

Will have two servos per aileron surface with a Futaba matchbox, one servo per elevator surface, and 4 for the giant rudder with a matchbox as well.

SWB manufacturing make a great rudder control system tray and accessories kit which after looking at Sure link and Neslon's, I found them much better. Besides, sure link only talks to people by email and he only provides a telephone number on request. Nelson Hobbies do not make a kit, you have to purchase the individual parts separetly.

Regards

scaleguy 10-24-2003 11:13 AM

Plane looks great... did you have to sell all of your funiature to finance it? :shock: :shock: The room where the pictures were takin looks awfully bear and it looks like your daughter has nothing to do but watch you build.. I guess you sold the TV as well! :lol: :lol:

Seriously though.. in the shot where you can see the engine it looks like it is mounted off-centre. Is that so or just the optics of the camera trying to fool us?

What colour scheme did you choose?

Peter Gordon 10-24-2003 12:04 PM

fellow edge'rs

...I was wondering when Claude was going to get on this website and start asking questions about the Aerotech Edge. Welcome!

For those who may not know Claude, him and I play "one-inchmanship", meaning each plane we get is just a little bigger than the others. You got me now (for now...)

Peter