RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Electric Flight (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Need help with throttle settings (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=354169)

helpsalot 06-29-2015 11:48 AM

Need help with throttle settings

I recently got a new transmitter (TTX850) and it seems that the factory settings have the throttle set a zero when the stick is centred and set to 100 when at what would normally be zero does anyone know how to fix this.

Arn 06-29-2015 12:01 PM

Re: Need help with throttle settings

Have a look at the servo reverse and travel settings for Throttle ...... or rotate the arm 180d if the pushrod allows for that. (I'm assuming a non-electric engine)

:cheers:

paulm 06-29-2015 12:09 PM

Wrong mode, or in heli setup?

jtsmash 06-29-2015 12:54 PM

Page 12-15 of your manual. Make sure its in Airplane mode, Check that the servo is moving in the right direction (you can reverse it in the radio i think its under servo set) go to servo set on your menu, should be channel 3 or it will say throttle. set the end points for your throttle channel, move the stick to idle, set the endpoint to zero, move throttle to full, set end point to 100% if it doesn't do it automatically.
Hope that helps!

helpsalot 06-29-2015 01:02 PM

None of those answers seem right maybe this will help its a video of my problem the third bar is the throttle ch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KscmCdn3aI

jtsmash 06-29-2015 01:16 PM

Did you buy this new or used? To me, it appears the throttle servo is reversed in the Transmitter. As well as the end points are not set. OR there is some weird setup in your programmable mixes, mabye check that as well just to be safe. if you set up a new model though, there should be nothing there.

Bottom of page 12 of the manual:

This menu is for setting servo control functions for airplane use. Press ENTER briefly to access this menu.

SERVO SET
Enter this function to adjust any channel’s reversing, travel limits, or sub-trim settings. Press or to
select the desired function to adjust and press ENTER.
Reverse: Sets the rotational direction for a channel’s output relative to the movement of the control stick.
Move the cursor to the channel to adjust. Set to “NOR” normal or “REV” reverse. Adjust all reversing
settings before making any other settings or adjustments in the programming.
Travel limits: Sets the maximum travel limits for each channel. Limits can be set for each side of
center. If two channels are mixed, adjusting the travel limits of each individual channel may be necessary
to adjust the travel limits for the entire mix. Move the cursor to the channel to adjust. Defl ect the control
stick for that channel to one side and notice the cursor on-screen will move accordingly. Set the percent
for that direction of travel as needed. Move the stick to the opposite direction and repeat. Repeat for
all channels as needed.

paulm 06-29-2015 02:48 PM

It's working fine. It goes -100 to +100. engine off goes on one side, full throttle on other side. Reduce endpoints, till it does both without binding.

paulm 06-29-2015 02:54 PM

Put radio to center stick, and set servo horn at 90 degrees to throw. Put carb linkage to center carb. At that point adjust throws, to have close to equal throw either side of 0.

paulm 06-29-2015 02:59 PM

Sorry, did not notice you were electric.

helpsalot 06-29-2015 03:03 PM

Thank you i have found a solution to my problem and all of your inputs were appreciated.