RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   Dark Impact (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=157903)

FuSioN1 08-08-2006 10:08 AM

Hijacked

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: HIJACKED:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MONKEY 08-08-2006 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FuSioN1
I posted here cause I noticed alot of Dark Impacts at the track recently and I am thinking of picking one up, I just wanted to get other Dark Impact owners thought's about this chassis. :GRIN:

I just finished assembling mine...it's not bad :UP: . The only thing I did not like is the location of the battery, it's underneath the chassis. Tamiya says you don't have to take the body off to remove/install the battery but I found that you still have to. The chassis is also a bit tight, you have to choose your electronics very well. A brushless might not fit. Other than that it's okay, not much hop-ups yet though.

spond 08-08-2006 03:48 PM

As I am not that familiar with the kit, the few times I have seen it at sids.. it seemed basic.. I hope they imprvove the aftermarket for it, as it needs some things .. shocks for one.. oil filled.. but I think it will be the vehicle that alot of people get back into electric 4wd with..

If you seriously want to race.. check out the pred.. it is the best.. but also a little expensive.. check the XRS.. less expensive, but all the performance you will need..

Bdegan2 08-08-2006 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spond
As I am not that familiar with the kit, the few times I have seen it at sids.. it seemed basic.. I hope they imprvove the aftermarket for it, as it needs some things .. shocks for one.. oil filled.. but I think it will be the vehicle that alot of people get back into electric 4wd with..

If you seriously want to race.. check out the pred.. it is the best.. but also a little expensive.. check the XRS.. less expensive, but all the performance you will need..

Could we get some clarity on XRS pricing please.
Myself and a few others have called Advance for pricing on the XRS, and cannot get an answer from them.
Thanks

spond 08-08-2006 04:16 PM

ummm.. well.. if advance doesn't have it.. check the online store..

http://www.ttechamerica.com/ttech/in...3213aae79fbe34

be sure to select USD.. not UK LBS.. that would suck..

imported_k1e1v1i1n 08-08-2006 04:26 PM

i still think if ur gona buy high end and u want to b able to get parts the lazer is ur best bet . especialy sence u live in mississauga .

zoomroom 08-08-2006 05:20 PM

Dark Impacts.............and Impacts...har har........

The only reports I'm getting back other than trying to keep the motor cool is the aftermarket toys (read aluminum and cfibre) are the typical troublesome bits........add a cf or alum shock tower and you'll break something further in that is plastic...........

Pretty happy with them on this end as I haven't had to shell out $$$ for the boys to race them..............nuthin broke yet, but I'm awaiting the heatsinks for the motor area to try and cool thing s down a bit further,,,,,,,,,,,bit of a battle finding the right ratio to keep it from overheating as these are so new to the market...........

Think the boys have it now since they didn't overheat this past Monday.

As with anything running off road recheck those screws after every run.

Bdegan2 08-08-2006 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoomroom
Monday.

As with anything running off road recheck those screws after every run.

Tell me about it :rolleyes:
Noah's Rustler needs to be checked over every run, and guaranteed at least 3 to 4 screws need to be retightened, especially around the A arm pivot screws.

imported_soups 08-08-2006 06:59 PM

there are a ton of hop-ups, I have graphite shock towers df-02 shocks one way front diff aluminum hubs b4 team tie rods fit right on aluminum hex hubs as for the comment about the battery it works awesome because it lowers the cars center of gravity. With all due respect about the predator if you have no clue how to drive or set the car up it doesn't matter how much you spend on it.

samboneecanada 08-08-2006 07:05 PM

the setup

I agree that the setup is HUGE in offroad. the master of all is of course the LINE that you drive.

time at the track could make almost any car win the a main. as long as the car jumps well, and has the right tires for that moment at the track.

get there about 4 hours after a medium rain. onroad grip !!!!:)

have a great one.

and spond and soups are both strong drivers. it's nice to see the friendly competition getting healthy.

I'm all game. (not to be misunderstood looking at last race's results)

ciao amigos