RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   He's baaaaack! (Sammy, that is) (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=79976)

Guest 10-13-2008 02:50 PM

He's baaaaack! (Sammy, that is)

Just got a note from Sammy trying to freeload off of my research for my next model.

BY SHEEREST COINCIDENCE, he's building a 100-inch version and here's his note:
I have 100" Avro Lancaster's model that i want to convert into Lancasterian in post war TCA's makings as they used them, what size and scale plans do you have maybe i can get the drawings of main canopy from your plans...

He's been away less than two months and he now seems to be back.

I told him that his reputation preceeded him and to go away. No profanity. BTW, he's also on my ignore list now.

I guess that we can now expect to see a diatribe about how unfriendly some modellers are, and how a few people are ruining his reputation.

Based on his activities and how he's been buying and selling in the past, I don't want to associated with anything that he's doing. The tarbrush spatters far and wide......

williame3590 10-13-2008 04:10 PM

Re: He's baaaaack! (Sammy, that is)

Contacted me as well and a couple others I know. He had little success:mad:

Ken Currell 10-13-2008 04:48 PM

I don't think he ever really left. Just uses the hidden mode so you can't tell he's on line.

Guest 10-13-2008 04:52 PM

Same user name or another new one these days?

ISGUNN 10-13-2008 05:58 PM

Yup! Tried me to for some plans.No offer of payment,jsut make me a copy and send.Must be for that Beaver he's selling.Said he bought a kit,no plans.Sure Sammy!
Ian GUnn
MAAC 25307

hifly2104 10-13-2008 07:26 PM

So Identify him and keep identifying him he will eventually get the idea

rmorhan 10-13-2008 08:31 PM

i noticed he,s been using concordefan on rcgroups classifieds lately..

moo 10-13-2008 10:29 PM

Poor little guy just can't make a buck around here :(

mporlier 10-14-2008 11:34 AM

Is he scratchbuilder?

moo 10-14-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mporlier (Post 554786)
Is he scratchbuilder?

Sammi got kicked off RCCanada (as did I, we were having an argument) when his alias was concordefan, he set up the scratchbuilder alias to get back on here. He also started out by asking 'who is that concordefan guy and how do I get in touch with him?'. As if to say 'I think you guys are really dumb'.

Concordefan on RC groups
Props4ever on RCU

He also tends to buy and sell loads of stuff, often claiming poverty.
You can recognize his stuff for sale (like on toronto.kijiji) because the photos will also contain his van or his family's house number.

Odd now that I come to think about it, he went from supersonic jet to propellers, and called himself scratchbuilder even though he is still working on his first scratch build. :rolleyes:

Sooner or later Sammi will always come back. Hopefully with a bit more honesty each iteration. :TU:

Any comments or corrections Sammi?