RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Shipping damages (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=69404)

RC10Buggy 10-16-2007 02:30 PM

Shipping damages

Hi,

Have anyone of you recieved your shipments damanged before? (specifically when you order plane kits online)

Are airplanes prone to damage during shipping?

Mike Emilio 10-16-2007 02:52 PM

Anything is prone to damage during shipping.

Take note: You must take photographs of the damage as well as document it with the carrier at the time it is delivered.
Otherwise you'll be fighting a loosing battle with the carrier.
Been there, done that . . .

Gary Maker 10-16-2007 03:42 PM

I've seen airplane kits returned with horrendous damage to them. One shipping company actually drove a forklift's forks through a packaged plane.

As Mike says, do what you can to support your claim even if you make the delivery person wait while you document the damage.

RC10Buggy 10-16-2007 04:04 PM

I know anything can be damanged.

Just asking if airplanes are MORE prone to damages than say a RC Truck or something.

Mike Emilio 10-16-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RC10Buggy
I know anything can be damanged.

Just asking if airplanes are MORE prone to damages than say a RC Truck or something.

Obviously one is more delicate than the other!

AJCoholic 10-16-2007 04:52 PM

200 Attachment(s)
RC10BUggy,

ARe you asking abot ARF's or kits? With my first hand experiences, I have received many of both through the mail, UPS, and other shipping methods. I can only recal one ARF having a slightly crushed wing panel.

The way most reputable companies pack their ARF's (and kits) these days it is very unlikely damage will result in normal shipping. Its very unlikely that parts will move around in the boxes.

However that doesnt matter if the package is badly mishandled.

So, under normal circumstances I would say, no.

AJC

PS I have also sent many fully built models (planes and helis) all over North America with success, just through the mail. But its all how you package it.

voyager_663rd 10-16-2007 05:57 PM

Ordered a giant scale Ryan through HW some 3 yr ago. Just packed in a cardboard box with little to no extra packing inside.

Came through perfect.

This was via whatever courier they used at the time, not CanPost.

RC10Buggy 10-16-2007 09:13 PM

Oh I see, yeah it makes sense how a ARF might be more prone.

Just wanting to hear the communities experiences with shipping planes and damages.

thanks, keep 'em coming if others want to chime in!

My experience, I recieved a ARF kit just fine, had to return it because it was defective and it got damaged on the way back! (not insured so I took a loss as with GH).

oldpilot 10-21-2007 05:49 AM

My son ordered a Yak 54 ARF 77" span , 0n oct.12 it arrived on Oct 19, from China. No damage, execelent condition. Shipped in the orginal carton plus the company placed it inside a huge 3/4/" honeycomb carton.

Man what a airplane!!!!!

Dave Arenburg
Waterville
NS

hifly2104 10-21-2007 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldpilot
My son ordered a Yak 54 ARF 77" span , 0n oct.12 it arrived on Oct 19, from China. No damage, execelent condition. Shipped in the orginal carton plus the company placed it inside a huge 3/4/" honeycomb carton.

Man what a airplane!!!!!

Dave Arenburg
Waterville
NS

Thats faster than if you ordered it from the states
I have ordered 4 or 5 planes over time from Jet- Hobbies in BC and had them shipped by fedex I believe. Received in 5 days all undamaged even boxes where un marked