RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Heli Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   3D Heli Depot ODD "service" (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=84420)

rdespins 02-13-2009 10:06 AM

3D Heli Depot ODD "service"

I am having to re-edit my edit here. Scary stuff from these guys.

First I make an order for instock parts (as per their website). Order magically disappears. Then my emails dissapear. Then my phone message dissapears.

When I originally posted on RCCAnada on Friday, the service suddenly showed up. I was promised my parts would be shipped on Friday and offered 25% on my next order. I was pleased with the offer and what seemed like a genuine mistake. Sunday night rolls around and I get told the parts are back ordered, all 2 of them that showed as in stock when I made the order. A 600N clutch and clutch mount aren't exactly hot items this time of the year.

Tonight a 3rd email address shows up apologizing with more offers of discounts.

Sorry I will wait for the order and cut my losses with this place.

Ron

rdespins 02-13-2009 11:26 AM

Re: 3D heli depot

Problem NOT solved

rdespins 02-16-2009 10:42 PM

Re: 3D Heli Depot ODD "service"

Had to re-edit my first post due to more strange behavior from this place.

sikorskys76 02-17-2009 05:41 PM

Thanks for the warning Ron!

Guest 02-18-2009 11:00 AM

I placed an order there and the parts came from Boston U.S.A. and was way over charged from add prices then my second order was taking forever etc never shipped ,so I cancelled and won't buy there again. Horrible service.

sikorskys76 02-18-2009 11:13 AM

Rc flight store is still one of the best services out there.. in canada,i think.

juniorlab 02-18-2009 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sikorskys76 (Post 585412)
Rc flight store is still one of the best services out there.. in canada,i think.

Your oppinion only. My experience is they screwed up on a $10 part and never offered any type of options, that I would agree too.

ALL hobby online stores are bad to an extent or another. We all have good stories and bad stories. The trick is to locate the one/ones that have the most problems and find a way to move away form them.

e_mike 02-18-2009 12:26 PM

maybe the moderator can put up a place for a list of them that we can post our experiences / ratings, then there is no fear of the site getting in legal trouble since it is a simple list of people and their opinions of each store from which you can form your own opinion.

i.e.
mikesrcstuff.com (934 posts)
rcflyer1 - great price lousy service **---
edthewindsock great price,great service *****
etc.

goneflyin 02-18-2009 07:21 PM

Man, I would not like to run a hobbyshop these days.
You make a couple mistakes and you immediately get slammed on the air.
How many businesses do you know that are perfect 100% of the time? I'm having a hard time thinking of one.
Stop your whining, it's getting old. Nothing against you rdespins, it's just rampant on every forum I go to!

Don

rdespins 02-18-2009 08:28 PM

I gave them numerous chances. I even deleted a post asking if they were still in business. Then they went ahead and made more lies.
They are providing the parts, but to me it's not worth all the drama. I just wanted to buy two parts and have them shipped to me. In general that is a pretty simple transaction. These guys made it everything but simple. I figured I would warn others.

Sorry to have ruined your readin experiences Don, but I hope I have saved others from perhaps a worse ending than my own.

Ron