RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   why I like Hitec stuff... (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=43242)

AJCoholic 10-08-2004 02:08 PM

why I like Hitec stuff...

200 Attachment(s)
I have had such good "luck" with my Hitec gear in the past, and I try and support companies that I think have good product at good prices. Now, in the past the service I have received from Hitec has also been excellent. I have had servos (that I damaged) repaired for minimal cost, and they upgraded my programmer and sent it back for free.

A few weeks ago, I sent in a HS 5945 digital servo that I had plugged in revers polarity (done it before :oops: ) and fried the amplifier. I mailed it back, including my Visa # for repair and return postage. I had one repaired (same servo, same problem) before and it cost about 1/3 the cost of a new servo and they sent me a brand new one instead of repairing it.

Well, imagine my surprise today when I received my new servo (they again replaced it instead of repair) and a note with NO CHARGE!! They sent me a new one for free, and didnt even charge shipping. Now thats a really good customer support. In my letter to them I clearly explained that it was my fault, I plugged it it reverse and I expected to pay for the repair.

Hitec gets :TU: :TU: in my book yet again! :)

Colin 10-08-2004 02:38 PM

Can't complain about that :)

Colin

RC_MAN 10-08-2004 03:06 PM

It helps when you are a big shooter with Fly RC Magazine :D

Guest 10-08-2004 03:47 PM

Your wrong on that one Pete. I had 4 digital coreless of the old style with the different size output shafts. I had never used them but had no boxes for them. I asked Hitec if they could be upgraded to the new gear train and mailed them in. I received 4 brand new in the box servos at no charge. All this in less than 3 weeks total. I like the service so much at Hitec that when they became associated with Multiplex I spent the money for the Evo 12 with synthesizer. Hitec seems to treat everyone with exceptional service regardless of who you are.

They get a :TU: :TU: :TU: for service in my book.

Dennis

Kevin McGrath 10-08-2004 04:49 PM

Yep.........my experience is good too.........I managed to strip the gears on two new carbonite gear servos by loading them too highly on a 30% IMAC plane.I ended up with the service dept to try to get repacement gears but they said just mail in the stripped ones and they would send me out two new ones even though I admitted the damage was my fault........hard to beat that attitude........so I went right out and bought some digital Hitec servos with metal gears and 145in/oz of torque which Im really pleased with so far........

Nuker 10-08-2004 07:35 PM

I damaged a Hitec 555 receiver in a combat session. I emailed them explaining what happened and that the receiver didn't work. I also explained that I understood this wasn't under warranty. Mike Mayberry suggested I send it back anyway as they could probably repair it inexpensive. He asked what I would do in the interim and I explained I had already purchased another and packed it a bit better :D

Well I sent it back and about 2 weeks later a brand new Hitec 555 was shipped to my home; again no charge. I have purchased mostly Hitec since that experience. They stand behind their product AND their customers.

Now don't go and expect stuff for free :wink: but it's hard to beat service like that.

Bob

nony 10-08-2004 10:14 PM

Okay where do you send the stuff? I've got two receivers that died very quietly, but I hate throwing stuff out - even though I was advised it would be cheaper to buy new ones.....

AJCoholic 10-08-2004 10:32 PM

200 Attachment(s)
Send directly to the HITEC service depot in California. Get the adress off their website!

scaleguy 10-09-2004 12:28 AM

Andrew,

So what is the correct way to plug in the servos. I have a Hitec RX and I am not sure where the negative side of the rx is.

Nuker 10-09-2004 04:32 AM

Nony,

contact them first on the website and they will give you an RMA number (return number) This is used for tracking. Then just mail it (make it trackable for a few bucks more). Indicate in a note the maximum you would want to pay for repairs and request an estimate if beyond that if it's a concern for you.

In about a few days you will receive a post card from Hitec with some details and it will indicate that you will hear in 4-6 weeks back from Hitec.

After that, if all goes well, the repaired product is sent back, from my experience before the estimate but it will depend on volume.

The last point I strongly recommend that you just write honestly on a note that the product doesn't work, provide as many details as required and, if applicable why it stop working.

Best of luck and please share you experience.

Bob