RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   General RC Aircraft Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Shipment missing (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=46123)

Newbie flyer 03-09-2005 09:36 AM

Shipment missing

Just wanted to let everyone know that a shipment from Great Hobbies has gone missing in transit. :( It contained a Sig Kadet LT 40 kit. I received the shipment in error and refused to accept it at the post office. Since then it has never been returned to Great Hobbies. Kind of strange actually. Great Hobbies has been excellent about this issue and have credited my account. I will definitely be doing more business with them in the future. Just be on the lookout for a cheap, never opened LT 40.

Brad

Ed Smith 03-09-2005 12:41 PM

So where is the box now?

Ed S

nosedive 03-09-2005 01:43 PM

How long has it been missing? Most Canada Post shipping methods have trackable reference numbers....

Gary Maker 03-09-2005 02:28 PM

So do I understand this correctly: You were sent a shipment by Great Hobbies that you did not order so you told the post office to send it back? So then, Great Hobbies has asked you where their shipment is and in telling them the story, they say that they have never received it back?

Had you made an order from Great Hobbies and they sent the wrong items? There must be some reason that they sent out this kit to you in the first place? To just receive a package like this with no warning or without having ordered something is just too bizzar! You say you refused to accept it ...at the post office so how in the heck could they have lost it if at any time it never left the post office? Strange for sure!!!

Its good that Great Hobbies is not holding you responsible for this mixup! This whole thing must have them scratching their heads too!

Yes, they are a great (excuse the pun) hobby place to do business with and it seems that they are willing to go out of their way to help their customers in situations like this! I have always found their service to be top notch!

Please let us know if you hear how this saga works out! Interesting story!

rcflyr 03-09-2005 02:52 PM

So could I ask why you refused the shipment?

ronnieo 03-09-2005 06:19 PM

I "think" what he meant was the paper for him to pick a package at the post office arrived in his mailbox and it was probably COD and he refused it...so it was to be sent back...probably the place that was a temp Canada Post outlet kept it...I suspect.....or... mis-returned it. It's their responsibility, unless it was signed for because it was prepaid, and GH realized their mistake, then someone got a free kit.

Newbie flyer 03-10-2005 08:38 PM

better explanation

I placed this order before Christmas only to find out it was on a 4-5 week backorder. I then cancelled the shipment and received a confirmation from them that the order was cancelled but due to a mixup at Great Hobbies they sent the order out anyway. :oops: It has been about a month since it was sent back. It was sent priority post so there was a tracking # that G.H. had. I was talking to them and the post office cannot find it. Living near Kitchener and a certain transport company I think I might know where it went. Just read the newspapers lately. :roll: They said it was their fault and Canada Post is paying for the entire shipment. I was just letting people know there is a plane and some electronic parts out there somewear. Sorry about the confusion.

Newbie flyer 03-10-2005 08:40 PM

Hmmm

No offence but if I knew it wouldn't be lost :lol:

nosedive 03-10-2005 10:59 PM

Re: Hmmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newbie flyer
No offence but if I knew it wouldn't be lost :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers: