RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   FS - Airplanes (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Fiberclassics Eurosport, CHEAP!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=52667)

Guest 01-10-2006 12:10 AM

Fiberclassics Eurosport, CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!

Up for sale again is my Eurosport. This is NOT the composite ARF version, this is Fiberclassic's venture at the Eurosport. They had started working on a thrust vector system but it never came to fruition. As a result, the back end looks totally different, some say ugly, some say good looking.

Now for the info on the jet.

It flies great, not a light bird like the Comp ARF ones, but then it's also much stronger. The fin is removable as well.
I flew it with an AMT280SP with 32lbs of thrust, and I could rock and roll at full power the entire flight with no signs of flutter or anything like that like you can have in the Comp ARF version. The downside to this is it does not have the same almost 3D capability as the Comp ARF eurosport does either.

I'm offering the jet as Airframe, TAM pipe, retracts, wheels/brakes, kevlar tanks, UAT, etc.
I am asking $800 Canadian for this bird. Here is the rub, I am currently in Abbotsford, BC (my new home) and the jet is still in Red Deer, Alberta. Therefore I CANNOT take extra pictures of it right now. Secondly, I do not want to ship this jet. It is very large, I will ship if you absolutely must have it and you pay ALL shipping costs as well as the cost of crating it (I won't charge for time to build a crate but I will charge for all materials). Shipping won't be cheap as this jet is nearly 8 feet long. I would MUCH prefer for the buyer to pick it up. If you want to pick it up in Red Deer, I will be back there for 2 days only on Feb 17. It is at my parents house so it can be picked up from there anytime AFTER Feb 18 if you can't get there while I am there. Otherwise, it is coming back to Abbotsford with me. I will deliver it on my way back to Abbotsford if you are on my route, I will be taking the TC1 all the way from Calgary to Abbotsford, if you're on that route, or want to meet me on that route you can pick it up.

Here are some pics of it.

http://pics.lgmguitars.com/pics/van/IMGP2644.JPG

http://pics.lgmguitars.com/pics/van/IMGP2646.JPG

http://pics.lgmguitars.com/pics/van/IMGP2647.JPG

http://pics.lgmguitars.com/pics/van/IMGP2649.JPG

I have had a few questions about the plane which I have answered in email but since they are pertinant questions I will also post them here.

1- Which retracts do you have on the Eurosport? Are they the EUO 635?

I believe the retracts are robart units, what number I couldn't tell
you, they were included in the plane when I bought it.

2- Which wheels and brakes?

Struts appear to be Robart as well and the wheels, I really don't
know, Intairco I think. They are a standard O ring style brake and solid
tires.

3- I think the Eurosport has a single pipe correct (not bifurcated) since this is the new FiberClassis model?

3. This is not a new fiberclassics model, this is an OLD version when
fiberclassics and composite arf were having issues, this was fiberclassics
answer to composite arf (Fiberclassics only does the totally scale
eurofighter kit, no more eurosports). They had originally been designing a
thrust vector system for the plane so as a result the back end does not
look like a typical eurosport, it only had an alotment for a single pipe
to begin with. It is a Tamjets single walled pipe in there.

4- I also think the rudder is removable?

The fin is removeable on this jet, one of the nice things with
fiberclassics version is that it is VERY robust as well, WAY more carbon
fiber than the comparf versions. It will handle 200mph where the comparf
versions definitely will not. The wing spar system is MUCH stronger in
the fiberclassics version.

5- Could you send me a picture of the retracts, and inside of the plane?

I would if I could but as I say I don't have the plane here so I can't
take pics right now.

6- Is the air support included?

All air support will be included, pressure guages, valves, tanks etc.
I won't make you go through what I had to go through with it, more on that later

7- Do you know if the Canards are upgraded to the ones with the aluminium torque rods? I am not sure how Fiber Classics did their Connection on the newer Eurosports.

7. Canard torque rod system is very robust but looks crap in this one, I
don't know who built it but they had a love affair with glue. There is NO
slop in it compared to the comp arf versions, I flew with Karl Hibbs at
the princeton rally and Karl absolutely brutally wrings his comp arf
version out, he was very impressed with how tight everything is on my
version compared to his. It is a much better system than what comp arf
did, though it looks pretty archaic.

8. As for the issues with the jet, here's the story........

I bought this jet from RCU. Paid $1500USD plus $200USD for shipping. Took the seller at his word as he said the jet was in storage so taking pictures was difficult. Well, when I received the jet there were issues. First one was his packing, foam peanuts and nothing more, well, except for kero in the tanks still which leaked and melted peanuts all over everything. The mains had been punched through the wing at some time but were "properly repaired" Not so, I had to cut away the bottom wing skin on one wing and redo the mount. Now it's strong and correct. The air system comprised of no less than 41 T fittings and a leak in every air line. That entire system was pulled and corrected. I believe it's down to 7 T's or something now and all new line. There was no pipe in it, so, another $150USD later and I had a new pipe. The formers for the turbine mounts were cracked, so that was repaired, new rails had to be put in as well since the old ones were burnt, obviously there was some fire damage in the back end, none of the glass except the main hatch was scorched though, no worries there. A couple servo's on main flight surfaces were questionable and a couple others were just plain junk, they were replaced as well. Then I decided to paint it. Well, that went mostly well (it was meant to be a very quick job) outside of the one wing. Whatever they had used on it when they did the so called gear repair, the paint wrinkled, didn't matter what kind of surface prep I used it wrinkled, can't tell from 10 feet, but it's there.
Bottom line is, the jet I paid $1700 with shipping for what was promised
to me to be ready to fly, just install my engine and receiver ended up
costing me about $2300USD and 30 hours of labor to get airworthy.
In the end, I flew it 3 times and decided it just wasn't my type of plane,
I like speed and precision, the euro is a great deal of fun to fly, but to
me it's like an extra 300, it does everything ok, but nothing
exceptionally. Not compared to say an all out 2m pattern bird.

For what I want for it, it's cheap, dirt cheap and it
should not be expected to be a show stopper in the cosmetic department. Some of the build quality looks archaic, but what I do know is it is solid,
it flies well, be it a little on the heavy side at 30lbs dry ready to fly,
and that structurally it will not give you any problems. If it was closer
to perfect in build and finish I'd be asking double what I am if not more,
but for $800 Canadian it is a dirt cheap way to get a BIG jet (the other
reason I want to get rid of it, it doesn't fit in a firebird worth a damn)

If you have any other questions please let me know.
Thank you
Jeremy
lgm@lgmguitars.com

vette 01-10-2006 02:13 AM

jet

email sent

Noin 01-10-2006 03:45 AM

It looks like its going 500 miles an hour just sitting there. Sweet looking plane.

Concordefan 01-10-2006 07:47 AM

Its one hell of fast looking jet...I could just wish right now if i was at that level.... :), Sweet machine.

Sammy

always flying 01-10-2006 12:20 PM

jet

sent you a pm! for a freind!

let me know i'll send the funds tonight!

mannyh

Ken Currell 01-10-2006 12:30 PM

Wow. Nice jet.

Lucky you Mannyh.

Guest 01-10-2006 03:58 PM

Manny,
PM'd you back.

always flying 01-10-2006 04:27 PM

jet

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGM Guitars
Manny,
PM'd you back.

hey jeremy,

consider it sold! i left you the buyers name and number you guys cane take it from here!

Don't wory about the find a buyer fee!!...LOL :lol: :lol:

cheers!

mannyh

nony 01-10-2006 10:42 PM

Man somebody got a really good deal !! I've seen it fly, and it does attract a lot of attention...

Concordefan 01-10-2006 10:53 PM

Congratulations Mannyh and your friend...

Lucky you and your friend Mannyh,

This jet is a beauti...

Cheers,
Sammy