RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Combat (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=114)
-   -   What's New (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=62537)

johnnyg 01-28-2007 08:16 PM

What's New

It seem's a little quit here.....
What's everbody up to....
Any new planes or project's?
I'm going to start very soon on a spitfire...

Later John

warsstar 01-28-2007 09:40 PM

well the mk1 spitfire need around 1 1/2 pounds of nose weight in it best bet would be a mk 9 or 14 longer nose smaller ass end on them. right now i'm workin on a bristol scout D for ww1

Cross Check 01-29-2007 07:34 AM

Projects for 2007

Hi All,

I'm really tempted to get building an Ansaldo SVA-1 for WW1 but my resolution for New Years was to finnish up what I have started.

-my .15 powered Caution is mostly done. I'm trying clear packing tape and drywall mesh reinforcing on the wings. And seeing if I can get latex/acrylic paints to stick...

-Typhoon needs the wing patched up and I have a spare wing about half done.

-Nakajima Ki-43 Hayabusa. Halfway done. If the tape method does not work on the Caution I'll try butcher paper and white glue to cover the foam wings.
At 40in. span and 2.5lbs it will be fast with an O.S.FX...

-F4F Wildcat/Martlet. I haven't quite figured out how to do the mid wing yet, but I want to build one.

-Spad VII My foam/ply/balsa construction did not like getting shredded through the three coro wings of BossHogs Dr-1 in our head on midair!
I'll build thicker and slightly bigger wings using the "Humber" coro/foam method. Fuse/tail is not too bad. The alum. landing gear will be fun to bend back straight. It's like a pretzel ! ! !
Definately the most spectacular midair I've been in...yet ! ! !

I also need to get the boiler leak fixed in this steam powered computer. Darn thing keeps crapping out on me. I have a report and pictures to learn how to post from last years Onslaught...

Johnny,
I like the looks of the bubble canopy Spitfires. Not sure if any flew in WW2 though.
The Seafire is cool too. It has a different wing with more area.

Warsstar,
The Scout is a great WW1 subject. I like the WW1's because they are great flying sportplanes too. Will it be ready for mid-Feb. ?

Take care,
Have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team

Bent 01-29-2007 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mounted some coro skis on the DVII, it's all ready to go. I put a new pilot in the .15 sized Enigma. This guy really likes to grab streamers!!

canadianice 02-06-2007 12:19 PM

3weeks

In the last 3 weeks Ive built 3 Se5a seems like every week I take one out its bought by someone. I realy need one for myself!!! The last one is on the lend lease program, if it makes it through this weekend its sold, if it dont then I got to build and other to replace it. Please be nice Im getting tired and the better half is getting............ well you know..

johnnyg 03-02-2007 07:45 PM

Spitfire

2 Attachment(s)
Well the proto type is done,
Some little things I will change, The wing fillets need to be lower and I'm not 100% happy with the canopy but hey, have to start some where.
One thing I'm happy with is the weight... 2lbs 9 oz.
If you see something you think should be tweaked, let me know.

John

cjh 03-05-2007 05:01 PM

Nice job John. Looks great. How does it handle?
Chris

lecrote 03-06-2007 07:56 AM

Hi john,

Really nice corospit!!!

I would like to know how you made the curved LE on the wing??

There's so much good looking warbird here out of coro!!!

Dan

johnnyg 03-06-2007 02:47 PM

The leading edge is a piece of 4mm coro between the 2mm wing for the outer part of the wing.
It flew really well, fast, and handles pretty good.
I'm in the midddle of a bunch of changes thou, in the end it will be a mark 9, scale plus 10%, so we'll see how it turns out.
John

canadianice 03-16-2007 12:10 PM

finnaly got off my ass and finnished it

1 Attachment(s)
John I finnally got it done very nice Kit, very easy build and fast to put together. Hope she flies as good as she looks. See you this Sunday for the maiden.