RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=214)
-   -   Indoor track in the HRM (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=140205)

macaloneyc 05-09-2012 08:27 AM

Indoor track in the HRM

I am looking to startup a year round indoor racing facility in the Halifax area, but wanted to see if there is any interest in such a thing first.

Guest 05-09-2012 12:11 PM

Re: Indoor track in the HRM

If you haven't already, you might want to check in with Mighty Small Cars about indoor racing: 2wd buggy on concrete oval in the basement of the Enfield legion hall. They were running every Friday evening in 1991 when I entered the hobby and still going strong in 2005 when I last got out. I don't live in the Halifax area; however, so I honestly don't know if the series is still running.

Now, if you're able to cobble together a new group of folk to run indoors, I may have to make the trek down from the valley sometime (especially for low-cost, spec racing).

macaloneyc 05-09-2012 12:26 PM

Thanks for the input! I am thinking more along the lines of creating an off road track indoors. I take mine to a bmx track all the and like the dirt the best, its more satisfying than street for me

Guest 05-09-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macaloneyc (Post 947223)
Thanks for the input! I am thinking more along the lines of creating an off road track indoors. I take mine to a bmx track all the and like the dirt the best, its more satisfying than street for me

Fair enough. As far as I can tell, off-road racing has all but died in NS these past few years; or its gone underground. I think the province's last big track--in Kenettcook--is still open, but don't hold me to it. Still some offroad action going on in NB and PEI though. (MRCR has a schedule.)

macaloneyc 05-09-2012 06:38 PM

I dont think its died as much as we just dont have a place to run them. There are only two bmx tracks that I know of and once the bikes show up we pretty have to pack up and go home.

jmeade 06-03-2012 07:56 AM

http://mrcr.ca/

That is the hub for all things RC in Eastern Canada

spillproof 06-10-2012 08:59 AM

HRM needs some sort of track. I would love to get into SC racing. Or 1/8 buggy/truggy. Indoor would probably be a good idea, since the weather here is less then reliable.

so, yeah, do it!

And if you are looking volunteers to help, I can probably scrape up a few RC addicts needing a fix.

colburt91 06-29-2012 05:17 PM

Count me in. Any help needed I am around. Willing to invest time into this as long as we can make an indoor crawler area as well.

drift king1 07-02-2012 06:36 PM

were are you guys thinking i live in hrm

OCDKV 01-11-2013 07:16 PM

I realize this is a few months old but I was just wondering if somebody got something going, needs another volunteer or even the locations of the BMX tracks. I'm new to the hobby, bashing the hell out of my Losi SCTE in empty ball fields and a skateboard ramp i built. Looking for new places, challenges and comrades. Also if anyone has any info on the Kennetcook Track (ie. what classes thier running and what sort of practice schedule they run) i'd love to get some knowledge. I realize it's closed now but prior experiences would help. Oh and the mrcr.ca web site is pretty much useless as far as NS info goes, I've already been there. Thanks.