RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum

RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/index.php)
-   Offroad RC Discussion (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Whos seen a cheap price on a NEW truggy (https://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=166178)

-Joe-R/cWhanaBe 08-11-2007 05:31 PM

Whos seen a cheap price on a NEW truggy

I really want a truggy but i dont want to buy something overpriced. I know truggys are popular and many people have bought them but for what price. If anyone has seen really low prices on truggys place them here and where they bought or saw the price.(1/8 nitro)

notme 08-11-2007 10:51 PM

What would you call overpriced? Like most things you get what you pay for, pay little for lower quality or pay high for better quality.
Budget limited Id say buy an rtr but be prepared to upgrade it (servos)
Whatever you get, make sure you have parts support

-Joe-R/cWhanaBe 08-11-2007 10:56 PM

thanks for the help. Im pretty sure i know more about prices of cars then the actuall cars themselves. Clearly i cant afford an r/c this season so ima try again next season. I bet they will have something brand new out. cya next year everyone.

-Joe-R/cWhanaBe 08-11-2007 10:59 PM

overpriced is 600-700. Maybe im the only one that finds that, but its deffenetly overpriced. considering there is always 100 on top of that of taxes/shipping. taxes alone are 100.

imported_MT2_18SS 08-12-2007 12:05 AM

for 1/8 truggies price isn't getting any lower than about $750 +tax unless you buy used. cheapiest 1/8 truggy out there (by no means bad) is the HPI Hellfire (wish wish) they go for about $759.99+tax at hobby hobby or you can step up to the Losi 8-ight T for $799 on sale right now (regularly $829) if you're going to wait I'd save for the 8-ight (although I'm an HPI fan I know when I'm beaten, I'd only go for the hpi cause easier to find parts near me but for the extra $40 you get a spektrum DX2 which is a great radio and can be the last radio you buy unless you want to go t a 3pk or something which if you're running spektrum really isn't needed imo)

hope this helps

Alex

ericem 08-12-2007 12:08 AM

What hobby shop do you go to :OMG:

My shop has the thunder tiger ST-1 rtr for $630. and hte jammin for $680

http://rcsports.ca/

I own a ST-1 BTW amazing truggy for the money. Nothing breaks its so amazing :)

imported_MT2_18SS 08-12-2007 12:32 AM

yea I know about thunder tiger having great truggies at good prices. I was reffering to stuff that's available just about anywhere hence hpi and losi that I mentioned if thunder tiger is available where joe is then it could certainly work but if he considers between $600-700 overpriced then truggy is not a class to be looking at anyways realistically

Mr X 08-12-2007 01:16 AM

actually the only store i have heard of that has a good losi part supply is skycraft hobbies. noone else seems to like losi and dont stock their parts.

-Joe-R/cWhanaBe 08-12-2007 01:51 AM

iv seen rtr brand new truggys under 500 like the inferno, ofna mutilater, but you get what you have paid for. i havent heard many good htings about those trucks.iv had my eyes on the st-1 but its been out for a year and i want to start next summer with something fresh and new. Im hoping they will come out with a new truggy. someone will. The maxx id go is around 600-700. never seen that price on an st-1. i just dont have the money and by the time i do it will be end of september. Just how i get the paychecks i guess.

-Joe-R/cWhanaBe 08-12-2007 01:55 AM

Sick of discontined trucks i cant get parts for. I have electronics but does anyone think it would be a better option to buy the st-1 pro for 550 then put in an axial 28 for maybe around 150 not including tax. It would work out great without the taxes. any online places not includ taxes? canadian.